Sign in to follow this  
santafee

Making AI blind

Again a little Problem,cant find any solution.

Enemy is sleeping with Animationscript.I disabled all possible AI things like move,watch and stuff,but they still detect me.Only the 3 sleeping guys should not detect me.Is there a way to "make them blind" or disable the AI so it doesnt detect the enemy no more?

Have you tried setting the enemies to "careless" for that moment?

But that would make them shoulder their weapons.

Just guessing, might still let them detect you, but not react to you.

in your disableai command did you include "target" and "autotarget", because this works for me. I also set their ammo to zero. They just stand there and ignore me even when I shoot.

Hey,yes i tried but its not working for my problem.

I want them to not activate the Detected by Trigger-Opfor detects Blufor,that sadly doesnt work.

One solution came into my mind. Assuming the unit is enemy start it by placing another unit of the exact same type which is grouped with a friendly unit, the friendly unit being the group leader and set the possibility of presence of it to 0. This way the unit is friendly to you and won't set the trigger off. the friendly unit is just to change the other units side, it won't appear in game (possibility of presence 0).

When you want it to wake up and detect you, do it by replacing the unit with the real enemy unit with a script so quickly that the player can hardly notice it.

Hope this idea helps :)

Make the enemy AI via createVehicle, instead of being 'actual' units. They won't have ANY AI associated with them what soever. But can still die.