Sign in to follow this  
Flightster

Sudden desync issues..

Hi guys,

I'm a little stumped on this:

This morning I suddenly started desyncing like crazy on my clan's server, while this never happened before.. I have a constant ping of 30-40 while my desync sometimes goes up to the thousands (even when there are no high pingers playing). This is the first time this ever happened, and it started when I put my video settings up a little bit.. while I don't think this could be the problem, I instantly put them back to where they were before but it hasn't changed since.

I even went as far as installing the boxed version (had steam before) but that didn't make a difference..

If it matters, system (laptop) specs and video settings:

Specs:

CPU: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26GHz

RAM: 4GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT

Video Settings:

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/6016/arma22009091100302957.png

Edited by Flightster

The question here is: what changed before you started experiencing the problem?

Did your clan change network settings on the server?

Were you playing a new, possibly very large mission?

Did you install any mods or addons?

Were any mods or addons installed on the server?

It could be any number of things.

The only thing I changed was resolution and interface size, that's why I doubt that would be the problem :)

The only thing I changed was resolution and interface size, that's why I doubt that would be the problem :)

No, that wouldn't cause it. :)

If you're absolutely sure the problem isn't being caused by the server (settings, mods), then I'm not sure what it could be. Stuff like this doesn't suddenly start happening without reason.

Since your ping is unaffected, I don't think it has anything to do with your connection. If there was a download hogging your bandwidth, your ping would be going through the roof aswell.