Sign in to follow this  
Mo74

Can't see multiplayer servers

Hi all,

Just picked up Arma 2; enjoying it so far!

I've tried multiplayer but the browser doesn't seem to find any servers. It's set to internet and freezes for a while, but then doesn't pick up any servers.

I've turned off my firewall to see if that was blocking it, and unblocked Arma 2 in my Windows Firewall.

Any ideas much appreciated!

Thanks,

Mo.

Do you have "normal" internet access when it's searching for servers? E.g. can you surf websites?

Have you updated to the 1.3 patch? I don't believe there are any 1.0 servers around.

Oh also. If you are using P2P protection software, remember the server lobby is run by gamespy/ign. So you should unblock those IPs under IGN/Gamespy in PeerGuardian 2 or other P2P programs.

Edited by Noxious

Thanks for replies.

Yes, I can use Firefox to surf internet. Other games such as World in Conflict play fine online.

My Arma 2 is patched to 1.3.

Thank you.

Mo there are many posts on this topic they will come up with keyword searches.

make sure you understand firewall/spyware and router settings.

heres some info from another thread for your in game browser filter settings that fixed the same issue for others:

there are no special filter settings just logical ones the higher you set max ping the more servers you are likely to see.

my settings are listed below where I have blank I mean nothing is shown in that box, these settings give me only local good ping servers.

and I assume you are using 1.03

host = blank

max ping = 150

min players = 0

max players= 0

mission = blank

type = blank

full servers = show

passworded = hide