Sign in to follow this  
Cpt Tommo

issues please help

right i had a quick look around but couldnt find anything

my old laptop went kaput the other day so i brought a new one

(http://www.cdfreaks.com/hardware/product/92027-Acer-Aspire-5536-642G25MN.html) specs

and i was hoping i would be able to play arma 2 on this as its loads better than my last one so i downloaded the demo and it actually started unlike on my old laptop (good start), but the menus took ages to select and when i got in game the video seemed slow

i would shoot and hear the gun shot straight away but the gun wouldnt shoot on screen until i could hear the casing hitting the floor

making the game pritty much unplayable

could anyone explain why it does this and if any a way i could be able to play the game without too much cost

thanks in advanced :)

Tommo

your graphics card is waaayy to slow for this game. really I don't see the point of buying a laptop to play the latest games...it's an on-bard GPU that uses shared memory and has slow clocks.

unless you spend the $$$ for a true gaming laptop you're wasting your money

Edited by No Use For A Name

o ok thanks anyway i was always going to buy a laptop anyway just if it was able to play games it would of been a massive bonus specially beens it was pritty cheap, guess not =[

No Use is correct... sorry but you need much better VGA,Drive,cpu...

your lappy just wont cut it.

3G Quad, 9800gt 1G, WD Black Raid 0 is only just good enough

ok =S most of that is jargon to me

just got lappy :)

It just means, in basic terms, that the game requires either a gaming laptop with a high end dedicated video card (which is going to be very expensive), or a high end desktop computer, which doesn't necessarily have to be as expensive as a gaming laptop, but it does have to have some very high end hardware in order to run the game without problems.

sorry Cpt but yes sn0 gave you a very clear long version

if you took the rig in his sig as an example it would have many times the horspower your laptop has.

even my rig has probably triple the game power of your lappy and it still struggles at times.