Sign in to follow this  
Rhammstein

I want to experiment with realism

Hi Rhammstein

The problem with "player allowDamage false" is that it screws every experiment you do as the AI still sees you and adds you to the threat list, so any experiment you do will be irreparably flawed.

Hence why we said use a civilian or better still a camera and a Mod team metrics suite.

With regard to cheating I did not say anything about you wanting to cheat on line. I clearly said cheating in the campaign

...cheat in the ArmA II campaign.
which is just lame as the only thing you cheat is your self.

As to cheating on line not even in my head, if a server admin does not run signature check that is their problem.

Kind Regards walker

Wait, I've found a strange matter.

You'll find your buddy become "invisible" if you use script "aP setdamage 0" soon after he dead.(I just mean that guy will become invulnerable and enemies will never shoot him any more! It's really awesome that I can never worry about him any more, and he will never be killed)

I have just one further question but I refuse to post a whole new thread, I use to run a forum and I know what it's like.

Okay, very very simple for probably any of you to answer. Okay...

I downloaded a simple little...mod I guess you can say. Jeez I can't recall the name but as soon as I explain, and quickly, you'll know right away; It's just a debug console for me to put commands, and to the right there's the exec button. I use this to put in my fav code when fooling around creating my own missions, I use "player allowDamage False". Then exec it, I cannot die, well I think sometimes from severe amounts of damage, like a tank shot to my face lol..

Anyways, is there a simple script like what I'm using so make my squad invulnerable as well? Be it just one script and they're all invulnerable, or even if I have to enter it in for each squad member, no matter. I'm certain this must be possible because I've seen it on youtube described similar to how I'm asking, plus...well it makes sense.

Any answer, or link, thank you SO much!

Edited by Rhammstein

Anyways, is there a simple script like what I'm using so make my squad invulnerable as well? Be it just one script and they're all invulnerable, or even if I have to enter it in for each squad member, no matter. I'm certain this must be possible because I've seen it on youtube described similar to how I'm asking, plus...well it makes sense.

{_x allowdamage false} foreach units player

Wont that only work with actual players? I believe he is looking to make Razor Team invincible as well; unless player also covers those considered playable.

EDIT: Figured out exactly how to make everyone invulnerable, there's a few ways, all very easy. At least now the single player will have ..."some" replay value, I wanna be able to run around freely and do whatever I like and just fool around, has nothing to do with completing goals by cheating, it's really not a hard game IMO...well now that I have about 80-100 hours into it lol. And all on hardest difficulty.

Thanks agian Maddmatt. Your way worked, and then I realized the obvious, and switched to that player I wanted invulnerable, and repeated the script. I also tried using players versus player, so there's lots of ways, but I'm not gonna tell people unless they really wanna know. Cheating without beating a game, at least twice, and getting all of your money's worth out of it is plain stupid. Plus it takes 75% of all the hard work of the devs and tosses it right out the window.

Edited by Rhammstein

Thank you Maddmatt. So for example, do I replace the "x" in your example with say, "2", for razor 2? I'm also uncertain about the _ before the x. Sry to be so noobish, but once I have this figured out, it will save me countless time doing some things I'd like to try out.

No, you don't replace it. The code should work as-is.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/forEach

No, you don't replace it. The code should work as-is.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/forEach

Huh, cool, I really thought that what you'd typed, well at least the "x" stood for something. So this is cool, it's faster than than switching between guys and repeating the code, although my custom debug console remembers the code, takes about 20 seconds, but still your method takes 5 seconds lol, THANK YOU, and also for not questioning my intentions. I never cheat in games, I know full well I'll be sick of it within a few hours, walking around like you're god takes away everything from the game, most importantly the satisfaction of beating it on tough settings.