Sign in to follow this  
rtb

MacPro massive improvement since 58926

Hi folks,

I'm using a 2009 mac pro 8-core,2.26Ghz dual xenon 6gb ram, gtx285 mac edition, bootcamp vistax64. This game ran great all sliders maxed @2048x1152 until the mission where you had to "kill the sniper in the factory complex" then all the textures would go white and crazy and the game would stutter and CTD. Since build 58926 game is once again playable..will test futher

I hope so. I'm using an early 2008 Mac Pro 2.8ghz 8 core with an GTX285 mac edition and 16GB ram on Windows 7 x64. Performance is shitty at best. I'm running everything on low on 1680x1050 with a viewdistance of 5k. Avg is about 25 fps. Other games i can run everything maxed out :(

Edited by bartdesign_b

I hope so. I'm using an early 2008 Mac Pro 2.8ghz 8 core with an GTX285 mac edition and 16GB ram on Windows 7 x64. Performance is shitty at best. I'm running everything on low on 1680x1050 with a viewdistance of 5k. Avg is about 25 fps. Other games i can run everything maxed out :(

That's some bad luck. I can run chernarus at medium-high with a 2.4km viewdistance @1920x1200. Other maps like utes or the CAA1 maps I can run 100% maxed. I won't play with anything below 30fps :)

Specs in sig...

Maybe it also has something to do with my 16GB ram, i read that there were problems with memory dectection. I also find it weird that a mate that uses a Quad Core 2.4 ghz with an GTX 285 can run 2560x1600 with everything on High except AA at 8K!. Looks like there are some serious issues, other games run fine maxed at 2560x1600.

I also have a kind of rule, i don't play with anything lower than 5k viewdistance. ;)

I've got an early-model Mac Pro (two dual-core 2.66 GHz, 4 GB of RAM, and a GeForce 9800GTX), and I've been struggling to get Arma 2 to run even with medium-low settings.

1600x1200 gives 25 fps at best, but drops down to 15-20 in cities. Not playable.

I've been running 1300x1000 with medium-low settings but antialiasing set to High. Out in fields or forests I get 45-50 fps, but as soon as I look at a deciduous tree or step near a building it drops down to 25-30. Still playable, but meh.

--NoJoe

I've got an early-model Mac Pro (two dual-core 2.66 GHz, 4 GB of RAM, and a GeForce 9800GTX), and I've been struggling to get Arma 2 to run even with medium-low settings.

1600x1200 gives 25 fps at best, but drops down to 15-20 in cities. Not playable.

I've been running 1300x1000 with medium-low settings but antialiasing set to High. Out in fields or forests I get 45-50 fps, but as soon as I look at a deciduous tree or step near a building it drops down to 25-30. Still playable, but meh.

--NoJoe

Anti aliasing affects tree and bush performance a lot, especially at high. I use low, personally I don't even see a visual difference between low and high. Buildings are supposed to get optimized in the next patch.

Putting everything on low will actually hurt your performance in this game. The settings can be tricky and it is not the same result as in other games. A big one is the VIdeo memory setting. You should either be using very high or "default". The "Default" setting uses the detected amount of video ram , the other setting to my understanding force it to use a certain amount. So on the low setting your hurting performance....Things like this are very confusing because the advanced settings have very vague descriptions.

Spend some time and check it out for yourself there are a few benchmarks that will give you relative performance of the game.