Sign in to follow this  
Darkhalo288

Vehicles - Controlling driver & Gunner

Hey guys, I've been playing Arma 2 for a couple of weeks now and am loving it, especially the mp so i decided i wanted to create my own C & H map.

The problem im having is in mp (im always in public servers so not really any coordination) whenever i get in a tank or vehicle, or someone else does, i notice no-one ever really wants to be gunner and everyone wants to just go of on their own shooting things which is kind of annoying and makes vehicles less desired when if you are controlling one by yourself you need to drive to location, switch to gunner, shoot, drive,switch, shoot etc and can get really irritating after awhile.

So i was wondering if there was anyway to make a script or something where when you get in a vehicle you control driver and gunner and same time (WASD movement/mouse aim-shoot) like in most other shooting games with vehicles (Like in the tank training mission you get to go commander and you can shoot and drive at same time by telling the driver where to go, although the FORWARD, LEFT, LEFT, FORWARD, FASTER does get annoying).Is there anyway to do something like that but for Driver/Gunner and make vehicles just have 1 operator, i know it would kind of ruin the "realism" part of the game but i just wanted to be able to control vehicles without the hassle of needing another person. And also to force it to 3rd person mode wen you enter the vehicle.

So hopefully someone can help with this please.

Perhaps having a way that the FORWARD, BACK etc is not spoken would be the solution.

Perhaps having a way that the FORWARD, BACK etc is not spoken would be the solution.

So how would i go about doing that? Also the commander dosent control the tank gunner, just his small machine gun how would i do it so he controls that?

So basically, you would get in as driver, and you could control all turrets, correct? Maybe if each turret was a separate gun mode similar to the Cobra helo's gunner position where that gunner can control all weapons. Interesting idea. Not sure, if there are any limitations with drivers and gunners doing the same thing. BIS seems to have separated drivers from gunners in all vehicles, even the UAV.

Sorry, I'm not really helping you, OP. :) But I'm here for moral support. :)