Sign in to follow this  
taichi

TrackIR and Arma2 - problems

I just installed Arma2 and patched it with 1.03.

I set trackIr On, but when I'm in the simulation, I can see only on my rear.

I tried my Arma (1) and TrackIR works fine, as expected.

I have TrackIR Software v.5.00 and Track IR 4 Pro with Clip array.

As joystick, I have the SaitekX45.

Any suggestion ?

Thank you to everybody in advance.

TaiChi

Try toggling TRackIR off to see where your actualy viewing.

Could also try centering the software with it's hot key.

Another thought , is the TrackIR linked to your viewing in the "Controls" section?

TBH I tried the TrackIR 5 software with my TrackIR 4 and wasn't impressed. Went back to the TrackIR 4 software. Not as pretty but I find easier to use.

I'd also try and default your controls. It's also worth turning off video capture software (fraps, clawplay) and restarting the TrackIR 5 software as they can conflict.

Try toggling TRackIR off to see where your actualy viewing.

Could also try centering the software with it's hot key.

Another thought , is the TrackIR linked to your viewing in the "Controls" section?

TBH I tried the TrackIR 5 software with my TrackIR 4 and wasn't impressed. Went back to the TrackIR 4 software. Not as pretty but I find easier to use.

Second that, but in my case: I tried the 5.0 version with my trackIR 4 and man it was bugged (latest ATI Drivers or god knows what) I never got the flickering issue in ArmA II and I noticed that with trackIR whenever I turned my head I was getting the flackery thing so I uninstalled version 5 and went back to the latest for version 4, I strongly suggest those folks with trackIR 4 to stick to version 4 as the latest version 5 bugged me to hell, but again might be just me. (The previous version 5.0, not the final, which is the current, didn't mess with me)

I did several test, but the resilt is always the same . .

My normal view is nearly on the rear, I press F12 to center, the 5 on numeric keypad to center..

My trackIR appear in control and has been enabled. I tried also to disable it on the fly during the game.. anything

---------- Post added at 07:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

http://image68.webshots.com/468/4/0/75/2547400750100677176GriHlS_ph.jpg

Edited by taichi

Does it seem to be tracking properly in the TrackIR software?

Just the 3 green objects in the camera view?

Nothing within ArmA 2 mapped to the F12 key?

What OS are you using?

i7 920@3.6

GTX295 190.62

12GB DDR3 @ 1440

VU64

TIR4 and current 5.0 s/w

No fraps or anything other than A2 and TIR

Not much to add here other than I have definitely seen this as well. TIR acts properly in it's s/w but in game it occasionally pegs to one side (left I think) and won't budge. Not at all sure what this is attributable to as it's intermittent for me. I haven't seen it in a few days but prior to that it was occuring constantly for several days forcing me to run w/o TIR.

Again I'm not sure what causes this but wanted to mention it in light of this thread. If I find it's something local I'll be sure to post.

Cheers,

Never had problems with my TIR4 and v5 software. You might want to change TIRs keys from the function keys since they're used by the game for selecting units in your squad (F11 and F12 are used to page to the next 10 units if you have more than 10). I use Alt+C for center and have the others disabled.

Anyway... I'd double-check your configured controls for the view controls are correct and don't have anything else in them. For example whenever I'm configuring controls the game often detects slight movement of my joystick or throttle and puts them in. The controls are about half way down the "All controls" view, named "Look left (analog)" and so on. Also above them are the other look controls (mapped to the numpad by default) which you should double-check as well.

(Screenshot link is broken, btw.)

i7 920@3.6

GTX295 190.62

12GB DDR3 @ 1440

VU64

TIR4 and current 5.0 s/w

No fraps or anything other than A2 and TIR

Not much to add here other than I have definitely seen this as well. TIR acts properly in it's s/w but in game it occasionally pegs to one side (left I think) and won't budge. Not at all sure what this is attributable to as it's intermittent for me. I haven't seen it in a few days but prior to that it was occuring constantly for several days forcing me to run w/o TIR.

Again I'm not sure what causes this but wanted to mention it in light of this thread. If I find it's something local I'll be sure to post.

Cheers,

Try running both the TrackIR software, and ArmA2, as an admin (right click on the exe for each, and select run as admin). I've seen that prevent the hotkeys from recentering properly

check what trackir profile is assigned to your ARMA2 game exe.

is that profile using the Track Clip Pro or the (default) head mounted reflector ?

i.e. you might be testing with one profile in the trackir software setup, but another profile is kicking in when the game starts.

Make sure you have the Trackir 5.0b update. Some folks have been having issues with the 5.0 final, due to them accidently leaving out some code.

Make sure you have the Trackir 5.0b update. Some folks have been having issues with the 5.0 final, due to them accidently leaving out some code.

That iss ue was resolved with the release of the Final b software.

As mentioned I did see the TIR 'locked full left' issue on a handful of romps through ArmA 2 but in the last week or so it's been behaving perfectly. I simply can't enjoy the game w/o TIR so I'm very glad the problem has not recurred. Brief specs below for reference..Best of Luck!

TIR 4

TIR 5 s/w (5.0.300 build 6225)

ArmA 2 (1.03.58946 beta)

VU 64 w/12 GB DDR3

i7 920 @ 3.6

GTX295 190.62

X-Fi Titanium

Edited by Akilez
If it wasn't for typos...