Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

List of tree objects (plants2)?

Is there a data somewhere where we can preview the trees in JPG format before we use them? I couldn't find that info... and I wonder if A2 features any "jungle" trees like palms,bushes?

tnx.

This might come handy, since BIS switched tree names from Czech (I kinda understood as its similiar to my language) to Latin(!!!):

http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/hort/consumer/factsheets/trees-new/scientific_namesa_e.html

Is it so hard to use English for an international project :/ besides I've noticed that BIS is not more faithful to its tradition in keeping the objects from previous projects as OFP->A1 but they left out a good bit of great tree/bush objects, so mapmakers will first have to wait on custom vegetation packs or start to create themselves. We now have 28 trees and 10 bushes in A2, thats it!

Dragging along a 450MB file with great ArmA1 tree objects is also a bit too much, not to mention considering downloading 2GB CAA1 to use couple of building/plant objects BIS left out :/... any ideas what to do? I have an A1 island complete and now I'm stuck with these "no-so-super-duper-red" A2 autumn trees and just a sample of normal stuff, not to mention palms, undergrowth bushes etc...

Edited by IceBreakr