Sign in to follow this  
tonedog12

trackir 5 question

how do i enable trackir in game? i have it runnin now but when i load up a mission it doesnt work. what does it have to be assigned to?

you shouldnt have to assign anything in the controls. In the controllers options, you can turn TiR on and off, but it should be on by default if you have started the game with TiR operational in windows.

Be sure to run both in administrator mode when on Vista/Windows 7 and minimalize TrackIR 5 after you have started it. Then start the game (in admin mode also).

yeah it wasnt enabled at default but ive got it goin now. ive noticed lean right and left doesnt work with trackir. is it possible to set up all 6 axis's to work?

I believe there was some work done on this in one of the beta patches. Grab the latest here and see if it helps.

left and right leaning works fine. Rolling isn't supported but leaning should work fine (does for me on TIR5) as long as it's bound in the controls.

yeah it wasnt enabled at default but ive got it goin now. ive noticed lean right and left doesnt work with trackir. is it possible to set up all 6 axis's to work?

If you are having trouble getting the lean to activate with the Default TrackIR profile, try creating a copy of the profile and then editing the X axis to be a bit more responsive. A couple of clicks on the green "up" arrow (again, on the X axis) should be sufficient.

This will allow you to lean less in real life in order to lean in the game.