Sign in to follow this  
Kramxel

Bitter Chill walkthrough needed

Pretty self explanatory...

I follow NAPA and eventually am dropped of near Navy Sobor... and decide to contact NAPA (for the 2nd time).

My problem is I can't get past that field... too many patrols.. there are 2 helos that drop squads, there's a t90 on the right side...

How the heck am I supposed to reach the contact point????

Thanks for the feedback!

I can't tell you my exact route because I got somewhat disoriented in this mission. I can tell you that I avoided all engagements and just flanked around. I think we got spotted and shot at once but we disengaged and ran. The closest I got to shooting something was seeing a silhouette on the horizon and thinking it was further away than it was. I thought it was a guy with an rpg but it turned out to be a rabbit.

So my advice: Just be cautious and move off to the flank somewhere. Avoid getting into a firefight.

I guess sometimes you just have to post here and it will all sort itself out.... LOL

Just finished the mission....

This is what I did:

There was one chopper that lands at a specific point everytime, and if I moved in the direction of the village, that spot would be behind me, and so they always got to me from behind...

Solution? I ordered my team to stay proned near the location where the chopper lands. As soon as it closed in... and I mean 5 m close... (I had told my team to hold fire) I ordered my team to fire at will and we toasted the chopper!!!

After that I was free to go to the village following a left approach as to avoid the T90.

As soon as I got to the village there was a small squad of ruskies... I closed in and as soon as I was on top of them I released the hold fire command... it was a slaughter!!

I also noticed an empty ruskie playable APC... so I boarded it!!!

Went to meet the NAPAs in the APC and after that took the APC to the final safehouse...

Mission accomplished

I am now playing badlands.

I think the chopper only lands when you fire at someone or when you are seen.

My approach:

At first I ordered the team to go prone and waited until a group of infantry passed by.

I told them to hold fire all the time and when it was clear around us we went through forests and far from main roads, so we haven't fought at first. Then we encountered infrantry in one forest and since all my guys told me they have clear shots, I decided to "light em up" from our cover. Which worked quite well. Then the chopper came and landed (probably because the damn machine gunner shot at it!) close to the forest and speznaz dismounted. Since the Russians hadn't seen us directly, I told them to hold fire again and we moved away from them. So it was mostly a covert op.

I think the chopper only lands when you fire at someone or when you are seen.

As soon as I got out of the truck, and while there was dialog going on which makes controling your squad impossible, they opened fire and killed a small detachement... maybe 2 or 3 Spetnatz...

The helo landed soon after....

As soon as I got out of the truck, and while there was dialog going on which makes controling your squad impossible, they opened fire and killed a small detachement... maybe 2 or 3 Spetnatz...

The helo landed soon after....

Yeah bad luck. I hate when you can't control the team during dialogs.

Fortunately it didn't happen to me at that point, so I could tell them to hold fire when the dialog was over.