Sign in to follow this  
chaddcarr

3DS to O2: Cannot see textures

This has probably been asked 1000 times.. here's 1001.

I exported my model from 3ds Max and imported it into O2 as a .3ds. My texures (.tga) do not appear in the view. I checked the path which seem fine but got no lovin. I tried exporting it again with .paa's as textures but ended with the same result.

Did I miss a step? Something other than simply importing?

Indeed - just last night, those vids helped my overcome a problem I had with getting O2 to "see" the textures I'd assigned.

("E" key, properties, navigate to them, then apply.) :)

Great link!

Edit: Fixed the size of pics.

Well... it appears as though I jinxed it. What was working on day 1, was suddenly not working just 24 hours later. In fact, in one O2 session, I literally watched as my textures disappeared in the space of 15 minutes. Well, they didn't disappear, it is just that O2 couldn't find them, or couldn't load them.

Here's the deal. I mass texture rename:

(Ok, I snapped the pic early, but I basically just trimmed away everything except the filename - no pathname in the rename.)

O2_06_rename.jpg

And go to properties and navigate to the folder:

O2_05_properties.jpg

The information box says that it can find the textures, and when I check textures, there are none missing. Yet, when I go into Buldozer, I get the error "Cannot load texture officefurn_co.paa." The pathname for textures in the options goes to the same place as what is in that properties pic. I know it is there. I converted it from a png using the BIS converter. I know it works, too, because I just saw it last night. I even have pics of it.

Even tried restarting O2.

I'll likely bang my head more tonight and if I find a resolution (after cleaning up the sacrificial goat), I'll post it.

Edited by TRexian
My size was too big. (That's what she said.)

The Y:\ should not be there. Walk through the Synide's build environment page again to setup your projects correctly.

Thanks, SnakeMan. :)

But in that properties box, that was put there automatically when I navigated to it? :confused:

One thing I just thought of, I had set it up according to Synide's tut, but that was with the old tools. I just reinstalled over with the new tools. S'pose that was a mistake?

Another thing I thought of. Whilst working on this last night, at one point, I did accidentally hit the "a" key which brought up the background mapping tool. I got rid of it when I noticed it, but I'm wondering if it didn't flag something that messed up the models. Will have to re-import, etc., tonight and see if it makes a difference.

That properties box will automatically place in the absolute path to your textures, obviously you need relative paths to your textures for addon release.

Now, I'm not sure whether making your models within the "official" ArmA2 tools virtual drive, then binarizing will automagically relativise those paths, but I always do it manually. Most often because I make such changes in situ, i.e. in the ArmA2\@Modfolder\Addons\addon directory and as such is outside the ArmA2 tools structure.

But in that properties box, that was put there automatically when I navigated to it?

You mean the use of that browse texture button?

If so, I've probably never used it. Usually I just need to change something minor in that properties window, never I had to add something new there... which I could not type in.

One thing I just thought of, I had set it up according to Synide's tut, but that was with the old tools. I just reinstalled over with the new tools. S'pose that was a mistake?

Installing ArmA 2 tools should make no difference.