Sign in to follow this  
DaGreek

Change the color of the waypoint/objective marker

Hi,

I'm having trouble seeing the color of the objective/waypoint marker against the terrain. Is there an option for changing the color of said marker. I'm pretty sure the one in ARMA/OPF was configurable, granted never had a problem seeing it. The one in ARMA II is not very bright which has a few pros in the realm of not obscuring the terrain, but I'm always hunting for it when I'm trying to see where my (new&existing) waypoint it relative to my location.

Thanks,

Pavlo

• Like 1

Agreed, on my setup I cannot see the marker and usually have to turn around so it appears on the side of the screen with an arrow and then I can track it by slowly turning!

In-game or in the editor you mean?

If you mean while playing Double-click (on the map) where you want the marker and use SHIFT + Up/Down arrow to switch color.

In-game or in the editor you mean?

If you mean while playing Double-click (on the map) where you want the marker and use SHIFT + Up/Down arrow to switch color.

Regular mission way points. For example as mission objective/task changes this is the waypoint soldiers are tasked to go to by the commanding officer These are the ones that the game inserts during a mission that are a slight yellow/orange '^' not ones I place.

For example targets get a nice orange hexagon or such shape.

Squad mates get a green diamond.

The objective is the yellowish caret '^'

I'll try seeing if SHIFT + UP/Down works for the in game waypoints (not those I place). Don't have ARMA installed any longer or I'd confirm this was configurable there and in OPF.

Thanks,

Pavlo

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 PM ----------

Agreed, on my setup I cannot see the marker and usually have to turn around so it appears on the side of the screen with an arrow and then I can track it by slowly turning!

Yeah that's what I end up doing. Night missions with NV are best for seeing this as when it's over the screen that is outside FOV from within the NV goggles it becomes less transparent. I think that's the primary issue, that it becomes transparent as it falls over the terrain.:confused:

Since this doesn't appear to be bound to a setting how can I log a bug/feature enhancement with Bi? I'm basically looking for an option that would let me turn up the opacity on the yellow target marker when it's in the middle of the screen (at which point it's opacity drops to like 20-30 % and is very hard to see against terrain).