Sign in to follow this  
CoMBATicU5

Working on a laptop?

Ok so anyway I have a HP Mini Netbook and was wondering if there's anyway I can get ArmA 2 to work on it? I downloaded the gaint file and now when I try to open it to either extract or just run and install it freezes before I even get a chance to start extracting files. Any Suggestions? Thank you in advance for those who can help. :bounce3:

Any more info?

Do you know the specs of it?

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

I just searched the model and it dosent look good at all,Its not built for gaming sadly.

You might be lucky and be able to play on the lowest possible,but even then you will be lagging everywhere :(

If your into gaming laptops and netbooks are a rubbish,mobile versions are always less powerful and for a good one you would pay alot more than for a desktop that would be more powerful.

Available with 10.1" (diagonal) display

This Mini runs on the Mi (Mobile Internet) software built on Linux. Linux is an open-source version of the Unix OS. Windows XP and Vista applications are not compatible with Linux. The Linux command line interface is disabled on this Mini.

Starting at specs:

HP Mobile Internet (Mi) software built on Linux

Intel Atom processor N270

1GB memory

8GB solid state drive

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950

Wireless-G card

Integrated webcam & microphone

92% full size keyboard

ENERGY STAR® qualified

So I guess I might as well unistall the demo on my netbook? Darn and I really want to play this game too. Guess I'll to wait till the console version come out, really dont know how to build a gaming comp.

Unfortunately no. The Netbook has the specs of an eee PC and won't ever be able to run Arma 2.

ArmA2 on a netbook? Sorry but... no way, never. Both the CPU and GPU are way too weak to even handle it lowest settings.

Maybe OFP runs somewhat but I haven't tried it yet myself.

I doubt that this helps him if he knows that it works on your uber-cool power notebook. :rolleyes:

Please, refrain from posting in the troubleshooting forum if you have no solution or can participate in some useful way.

Since the question is answered already: :padlock: