Sign in to follow this  
Yoma

Would you pay for feature based development? (this poll is not directly linked to BI)

Would you or your team pay for extra features?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Would you or your team pay for extra features?

• I allready payed when i bought the game! (No!)
    • I would pay a maximum of 10$ per feature
    • I would pay a maximum of 100$ per feature
    • I would pay a maximum of 1000$ per feature

That's called the ArmA II community issue tracker - with voting. :)

Of course it is foremost a community project, yet BI is taking notice and uses it as

another way for input and bug reports.

That's called the ArmA II community issue tracker - with voting. :)

Of course it is foremost a community project, yet BI is taking notice and uses it as

another way for input and bug reports.

Yes and it's brilliant at making us feel like we're contributing something, but I think the key thing is to give everyone an equal say. I could register a hundred accounts and vote my pet issue up, because there's no way for the community to determine if I've bought a hundred copies of the game. No value in actually doing that to a community tracker since a high number of votes doesn't directly affect BIS' priorities.

But if BIS were to officially use it as their work-list, and focus resources on things that had a lot of votes, then it would become worthwhile to try to 'game' the system.

Ideally there'd be an interface for it within the game itself, or at least a shortcut to the website, to get it in front of as many players as possible. Not just the people on the forums. We're awesome and all, but I'm not sure we're particularly representative of the total player base. :)

I suspect BIS aren't really interested in being told what to fix by us though, and are instead focusing on issues uncovered during the production of Operation Arrowhead. So the point is pretty much moot.

People should pay me for X amount of $$$$s and I'll make them a certain feature as a mod for sure. :D