Sign in to follow this  
Lokai

Side Chat

Hey all, I have a question about side chat. First off feel free to point me to any links to anything that explains side chat and how to use it. I tried to look it up on Biki but it says pretty much nothing. I also searched on this forum and ArmaHolic and found nothing.

Anyways im just trying to set up a trigger, well a bunch of triggers, that says on the radio "Hostiles spotted on the west side of town" or something like that. Sidechat looked like the way to do it but I couldn't figure it out. I also found some Dialog Managers but they had no documentation about how to use them and were pretty complicated.

Im just trying to do a whole bunch of triggers like the one previously mentioned, which seem simple but I have no idea how to set that up. Thanks in advance to any who respond.

Put in your trigger(or better in a script):

unitName sideChat "saywhateveryouwant";

Does it only get said to the one unit you specify? Or can it show to all Bluefor or Opfor? Something like a Radio Message displaying to all Bluefor that Opfor are attacking from the North.

Yes, all BLUFOR can see that message. The specified unit is the one who says that.

I thought all ___Chat commands were local only and needed to be broadcast for others to see it?

I don't know. But if triggers working global, everyone should see that, right?

Worked great, thanks guys. I have yet to test it in multiplayer but hopefully it works just the same.

I haven't tested it yet but what they were suggesting to me shoudl do the trick. Considering it broadcasts from a unit not specifically the player. I will let you know.

Does it only get said to the one unit you specify? Or can it show to all Bluefor or Opfor? Something like a Radio Message displaying to all Bluefor that Opfor are attacking from the North.
How about setting a SideChat, so that only specified units get to see the TEXT-How is that possible?