Sign in to follow this  
giantsfan24

Loading saved games in the editor

It seams that we are able to load up a mission(campaign mission...DOW) in the editor, play it, and create saves BUT when you load that mission again in the editor, you saves are gone. Is there anyway to load a saved game into the editor? It's weird because it seams that if you save a game while playing in the editor, exit back from the mission into the editor, there is a continue button to continue playing BUT if you completely exit the editor, you cannot load that saved game back again in the editor. THis is a pain since alot of missions seam to work much better when played in the editor.

Let's see if I understand that right.

You edit a mission in the editor, go into preview and save there. Then you want to load that saved mission status again in the editor?

If so, no that is not possible. Why that savegame option is in preview mode at all is a miracle to me.

Let's see if I understand that right.

You edit a mission in the editor, go into preview and save there. Then you want to load that saved mission status again in the editor?

If so, no that is not possible. Why that savegame option is in preview mode at all is a miracle to me.

So that when you die while you're testing your 2 hour long mission you don't have to play the first 1 5/6 of it all over again.

Well put Jakerod,only in this case, I am trying to avoid alot of the bugs in the DOW mission. I found a work around though. You can take the save game you made and play it in the camapign by moving the save game file into the same folder where the campaign saves it's game. I assume it would work the same way if it were a normal single player mission(especially one that you are creating) where you move the save game made while previewing in the editor and move it to where the game saves a normal, single player mission save file.

i tried to fix the bug in badlands (i switched the allowdamage FALSE to TRUE in mission.sqm) then started the mission in the editor and saved it.

then i loaded the mission in the campaign, i was able to kill the priest and

complete all objectives but i cant proceed to dog of war :(

If you did all the story stuff, just do the end mission cheat. It should take you to DOW