Sign in to follow this  
33BO11OF00

Problem In FinnWars Mod

:unhappy:Help! Is this the right forum to report a bug in FinnWars OFP MOD?

There is a problem with the Kegetys SW Revolvers Pack. They Don't install right in the mod. I have seen there is a fixed version of this pack, but every link what i found is a dead link:(. So, how can I get that fixed version?

Other Question:

Where can I get a good OFP mission editor manual?:(

:DHere is a little suggestion for the BI Studios:

Publish a manual book about OFP Mission Editor:D

Do you mean FDF Mod? Kegetys' S&W Revolvers aren't really part of FDF Mod nor required for it, so I don't think the problem is in FDF Mod (if that's what you're talking about), but the addOn itself.

What do you mean by not being correctly installed anyway? I'm not sure what your problem is, but the addOn from this link seems to work fine for me.

As for your other question, you can find plenty of OFP mission editing tutorials from OFPEC and even more by searching / asking from their forums.

Well. Thanks for the info. About Kegetys SW Revolver pack: They are required in some missions to arm the civilians with weapons.

Do I need to put all the addons in these folders or only in one folder?

Folders Are:

Operation Flashpoint/addons

Operation Flashpoint/finmod/addons

Operation Flashpoint/res/addons

I just wonder which is the right folder here?

By the way in the official FDF site several download links are dead. Where I can report them?

Edited by 33BO11OF00
whoops :) Typo!

You should only extract the addOns into one folder. It doesn't really matter which one you put them into, but I myself would prefer them in the finmod/addons folder, since you'll be using the addOn alongside the mod.

You should contact the FDFMod staff about the broken links. There should be contact information at their website. But you could always have a look at OFPR.info too. You should be able to find working links for the FDF addons there.

Edited by Rellikki

Check out yourself the link ofpr.info. It's a dead link. There is a some sort of knight web game. It's a mount fan blade knight web game.

http://ofpr.info is not a link. It's a bogus address. The correct address is: ofp.gamepark.cz.

Check out your own text. You see the problem there.

Edited by 33BO11OF00
More info

About the folders:

Operation Flashpoint/addons

Operation Flashpoint/finmod/addons

Operation Flashpoint/res/addons

Which folder/folders should I clear because I installed every addon in every folder.

I use the FDFmod.exe as startup. Should I use the fast pic instead like in the manual of FDF?

Which version do you use? FDFmod 1.3 or FDFmod 1.4?

Edited by 33BO11OF00
question

You really should clean them all up and use mod folders instead. It's a good practice to always use your addOns in mod folders. This way you won't launch the game with unnecessary addOns which might have conflicts with other ones. Of course you may extract some specific addOns into your finmod/addons folder, if you'll be only using them with FDF Mod.

I use the latest version, v.1.4...

Thanks. I´ll try that version 1.4 patch for FDF. Where can I download that?

About the FinnWars mod. It's a mod for other game.

Edited by 33BO11OF00
More Info

You can find it, along with all the other FDF Mod addons, from ofp.gamepark.cz. Note that you need the installation of v.1.3 of the mod first, before applying v.1.4.

Yeah! Thanks for the info. That OFP site looked very good.

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

I downloaded that file. FDFMOD 1.4.

How do I install it correctly?

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:55 PM ----------

How can I close this thread because the problem is now solved?

You need to get the rest of the mod as well.

This is just the WW2 part.

FDF Mod v. 1.4: WW2 (171 MB, requires OFP Resistance 1.96 and FDFMOD 1.3!)

A RAR package to update from FDFMOD 1.3 to FDFMOD 1.4

FDF Mod v. 1.3 FULL (487 MB, requires OFP Resistance 1.96)

FDF Mod Desert Pack (43,5 MB, requires FDFMOD 1.3)

FDF Winter Maldevic (14,8 MB, requires FDFMOD 1.3)

FDF Suursaari (33,6 MB, requires FDFMOD 1.4)

These are also required and can be found here:

http://www.fdfmod.org/downloads.html

Then go get your fill of missions go here:

http://fdf.joltan.de/

Additonal addons are required for most of these.

I have downloaded all the addons already.The Suursaari is needed if you want to multiplay the game. I have a slow net connection. I only play single player missions.

Edited by 33BO11OF00
Whoops :). Typo!

Ok just run the FDF1.3 installer and then unpack all of the other files to this directory"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\finmod"

The installer makes shortcut in your OFP folder. Just run that and you should be good to go.

The Suursaari is needed if you want to multiplay the game. I have a slow net connection. I only play single player missions.

You can still play MP Coop missions "offline". Some will play as single player. Or as long as they are in the MPMissions folder can be played through the Multiplayer button, just select "New" insted of "Conncet" and it will launch the local host.

Edited by Zulu1

I have solved the Kegetys SW revolver pack bug. This thread is now useless.

If you want to get it working right install it in this folder:

Operation Flashpoint/Addons

Not in the:

Operation Flashpoint/[mod folder]/Addons

Or in the:

Operation Flashpoint/Res/AddOns