Sign in to follow this  
BF2_Trooper

Aren't the pilots supposed to be able to control the miniguns on a UH1-Y?

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but IRL the pilots should be able to take control of the miniguns on a Huey right? I remember seeing this happen in Apocalypse Now and Behind Enemy Lines.

who flys the helicopter then? gunners gun the guns (gun gun gun lol) pilots fly....

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but IRL the pilots should be able to take control of the miniguns on a Huey right? I remember seeing this happen in Apocalypse Now and Behind Enemy Lines.

Pylon mounted I believe, and zeroed in for the pilot to shoot, not mounted on pivot mounts.

Turn Manual fire on? Just make sure the crewchief's gun is pointing forward.

Pylon mounted I believe, and zeroed in for the pilot to shoot, not mounted on pivot mounts.

Ah, I didnt know there were two types of configeration. I thought the pilot, or observer could over ride the door gunners control and take over the miniguns.

would be awesome if the guns could be used by pliot, gives the huey alittle more time on the battlefield instead of the majority being at the service pad.

You can use the crewchief gun via manual fire so long as no one has repositioned it facing away from the front. That's about it untill someone mades an addon of the helicopter with a different loadout.