Sign in to follow this  
Finbar

Audio: Distant & localised events

Hello all,

If I am in the wrong section or am repeating existing threads please forgive me.

I find myself relying more on listening to the surrounds with this game, due to the realism of the combat system. Yet I feel a little let down but some of the ambient sound features, even gunfire ie;

1. The sound of a creaking opening door, when in the middle of a field,

2. The constant buzzing of a mosquito in my ear, etc

It's like areas have audio themes dragged into them, for example swampy areas always have the same frog noises.

Also, gunfire can be misleading for me as sometimes i've been shot at from a distance but it sounds like it's next to me (usually heavy machine gun fire). Other times I get 'deathcracks' and some nice distant semi-auto small arms noise. Another issue is the sound of motorised units in the distance, their volume seems to be far too high for the range.

Audio events just seems to have inconsistent volume levels.

More localised noises would be nice, (things you hear as you walk past them).

I use a Creative XFi gamer, with up to date drivers.

the 3D audio definitely needs some work. I love the sounds themselves, but the way they're implemented needs some attention

Another example is hearing birds while in a helicopter.

I haven't played that much to notice many things like this, but I was playing Manhattan earlier and could hear that civilian radio announcement about Red Square from a ridiculous distance while I was fighting chedakis in the forests.

Also occasionally can hear the chedaki squads talking and it seems like they are right on top of me and thne I get shot from 150-250 metres away. :(