Sign in to follow this  
MEIR1980

lost in the forum need help lol (editing issue)

hi

(sry couldnt find the exact issu in the form:o)

am new here can someone help me out on editing if someone can point a direction to me about

1- how can i start my mission that a human player\s will start the mission with a respawnable ai bots\unit attached to the player and that when they die(the ai boots) they respawn back at the base agin and ready to be commanded agin by the player

OR

2-at least be able to recruit boots by the menu \radio etc (like arma 1 evo) without the need of buying them or needing the rank in order to recruit them.

looking for some simple exp and scripts am rookie in these things ill Appreciate it very much!!:yay:

by theway i was woundwerung arround this website for severl days and i want to say that there are some very smart pple here that find crazy solutions in scripting way to go keepup we need u guys!!:)

1) Make all the AI playable. They'll respawn per your description.ext rules if they are. To enable respawn of playable units, make a file called Description.ext and save it in your mission folder. Then put this text into it:

respawn = "BASE";
respawnDelay = 5;

Then place a marker called respawn_west where you want them to respawn.

2) Spawned AI won't respawn I don't believe, but here's how you can "order" throwaway AI:

Make a Radio Alpha trigger, Repeatedly with this as it's on Act to spawn a Rifleman:

unit = group player createUnit ["USMC_Soldier", position player, [], 10, "FORM"];

Make a Radio Bravo trigger, Repeatedly with this as it's on Act to spawn a Corpsman:

unit = group player createUnit ["USMC_Soldier_Medic", position player, [], 10, "FORM"];

Hi agin and ty:)

when i try to make the radio_bravo and put the act u sent me i ok it then i get a message that say invild varible name!

Is the radio_bravo on act code is currect or i miss something?

sry my bad missed some syntax

will it be possible to to recruit ai boots from the radio menu now?

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

i just tryed it works ur too god to be true ! u make it so simple its cool ! i have been arround here for severl days now and nobody gave a quick working soulution like that thnx

is it possible to spawn allso armor like that?

The best way to spawn armor and group it with you is via the new function, BIS_fnc_spawnvehicle.

First place the Functions module on your map somewhere, then replace the On Act of a new trigger with the following:

veh = [[(getPos player) select 0, ((getPos player) select 1) + 50, 0], 0, "M1A2_TUSK_MG", group player] call BIS_fnc_spawnVehicle;

That'll spawn a tank 50m away from the player and add it to their group.

This is a bit more complicated, but it's easier than trying to create a vehicle + crew then getting them all into the vehicle and the players group. :)