Sign in to follow this  
IPWinsor

Help with hold malden campaign mission

I have tried running to the machine gun as soon as the mission starts - I get shot.

I try waiting until I am ordered to the M2 - I get shot as soon as I mount the gun.

I try being an infantryman for a while and shooting bad guys with my M16 before going to the M2 - I get shot as soon as I fire some rounds from the M2, usually by some guy in the bushes way down the beach.

I seem to last longer if I wait until the rest of my guys go over the crest and head down the beach.   I guess the bad guys have more targets to worry about.

Is there some tactic to using the M2, given that I can't crouch or move while using it?  I tried using the sandbags for cover, but they got me eventually.

i have been stuck on this mission for a long time.  Help!?!?!!?

don't bother following that M2 order...sometimes, you can ignore orders that seems insane. just go behind the fortress nxt to M2, wait awhile, peak and shoot some.

i use the m2 machine gun i take out all the guys, i do survive though, i get off of it i fight somemore facing where there landing at the shore? turn to the right and head out that way which is your "runaway" waypoint. stay on the left side when moveing that way, cause your guys go to the right and get killed by a shitload of paratroopers. make sure you make some good save points too. even though i played this mission 25 times, i still eventually die and have to restart. lol

I don't usually get shot when I go to the M2. Make sure you press v when you get in so you can aim better. You should be able to take out everybody before they can get a shot off at you.

I usually go prone along the sand bags to the left and fire to the guys coming on the beach. After a short time I slide over to the long sand bags that run along the ridge and toss some gernades to clear out anything that might be left.

When ordered I pull back but like what was already posted I stay to the left. This was one mission that had me ripped for many days! mad.gif

I do not understand the problém with this mission, just get into the MG, press "V" or whatever you are using to swich to wheapon view, zome in with Keypad-plus, and gun them down, the most of them are coming up from the beach.

When they start to bombarding you, get out of the machinegun and hide in a bush until you get an order to pull back, then run against that waypoint. If you see some paratroopers while youre runing, let them be, and just run, shoot only if theyre trying to shoot you.

When you are at that waypoint youre finnished.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (scario @ Mar. 22 2002,16:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I do not understand the problém with this mission, just get into the MG, press "V" or whatever you are using to swich to wheapon view, zome in with Keypad-plus, and gun them down, the most of them are coming up from the beach.

When they start to bombarding you, get out of the machinegun and hide in a bush until you get an order to pull back, then run against that waypoint. If you see some paratroopers while youre runing, let them be, and just run, shoot only if theyre trying to shoot you.

When you are at that waypoint youre finnished.<span id='postcolor'>

Yea, I played this mission several times over, died a few times, but I found nothing challenging about it.

I never had a problem with that mission. Beat it the first time. Although I was pissed about losing all my teammates.

Just played that mission again just to make sure.

That is an easy mission. The only thing is that I don't get to kill engough men to my liking. Like, you get that first area where the officers and men are. But after you kill them all, there are no more really for you to see.

They should make a mission where you can really mow 'em down. I would love to do that with that gun.

Just make an own mission like that. My favorite mission to build, i have a lot of versions, are to set up an emty machinegun and som of your frinds in Houdan, and let 4 enemy infantrygroups, an URAL full of enemies and two BMP's coming against you from the north. Your self just get into the MG and GUN EM' DOWN!  tounge.gif

I would love to, but I have no clue as how to make my own missions.

I am one of these people that are horrible and hate computers.

Plus, I don't think mine is good enough. I got a Compaq Presario pentium 4, 1.7 GHz . I dunno.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ Mar. 23 2002,21:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would love to, but I have no clue as how to make my own missions.

Plus, I don't think mine is good enough.  I got a Compaq Presario pentium 4, 1.7 GHz .  I dunno.<span id='postcolor'>

yours is way better than mine...don't worry

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ Mar. 23 2002,21:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would love to, but I have no clue as how to make my own missions.

Plus, I don't think mine is good enough.  I got a Compaq Presario pentium 4, 1.7 GHz .  I dunno.<span id='postcolor'>

System requirement is 600MHz CPU... if you have 1.7GHz CPU your doing well. I have to make do with a 450MHz CPU and it gets really slow at times  mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">System requirement is 600MHz CPU<span id='postcolor'>

I thought that requirement is PII (350?), and 600 MHz is recommended..

Last summer I played OFP for a while with PII, sticky...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Deus Ex @ Mar. 23 2002,00:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yea, I played this mission several times over, died a few times, but I found nothing challenging about it.<span id='postcolor'>

I found something challeging about it. I took a LAW and i destroyed a few tanks and that Mi-17 in the air. That was fun.