Sign in to follow this  
simjedi

Steam Version - Failed to contact key server

I came home tonight just a few minutes ago and tried to launch ArmA2 to find this popping up "Failed to contact key server". The game worked just fine last night after the update....:confused::mad:

Key server is down I tihnk. Maintenance or something.

- Get same message with FarCry2.

Key server is down I tihnk. Maintenance or something.

- Get same message with FarCry2.

Hoping that is all, not too big of a problem then. Thanks for the heads up about your other game.

hey yea i have the same problem logged on this morning, and i launched the game and it worked then it crashed like usual so i went to the verify content in steam now when i go to launch it is says "failed to contact key server" wtf?

mine worked but no servers come up when i try and go multiplayer. Not working online yet>??

If you go to the "Community" tab in Steam it says:

"Sorry! The Steam Community is currently down for maintenance. Please try back in a little while."

So I'm guessing when that is back up we should be able to play again. Funny though as Team Fortress 2 works just fine...:confused:

Steam has been carrying out a maintenance, which means that many services will be affected for a while, but some will still work (ie; some multiplayer games) but things like friends matching and such won't. That said, the downtime is meant to be about 3 hours, but add a few just in case.