Sign in to follow this  
waffen

Problems with groups

Hi guys

let's set the scenario, EDITOR, 3 groups, 1 player, 2 leader playable

ok, so let's asume there's two infantry groups and one chopper with crew

I start as a squad leader A, then later change to the pilot of a chopper B to transport one infantry squad A

when I reach destination I land chopper B then switch to infantry A unload, then go for squad C to do the same

so when ever I return to being squad leader A or C, another soldier in the squad has taken command!

Is this a known bug?

I am doing something wrong?

Is there a way to prevent it?

perhaps with ranks or group commands?

regards

What are you using to change your leadership roles? a waypoint or scripting or triggers? If you're using waypoints i would think you could use the JOIN AS LEADER waypoint.

Also i just thought, Could it be that your Soldiers Rank is equivelent to your own? Maybe you should make your charactors Rank to Colonel or something.

Edited by Ornelp

thanks for your answer mate, I'll try the rank thing on my groups

maybe it's a different bug, because not always I get the "all follow all" mesagge, sometimes I return to the group leader and there's no group to command at all(no soldier icons)

btw I use plain old teamswitch with playable slots on the editor

What are you using to change your leadership roles? a waypoint or scripting or triggers? If you're using waypoints i would think you could use the JOIN AS LEADER waypoint.

Also i just thought, Could it be that your Soldiers Rank is equivelent to your own? Maybe you should make your charactors Rank to Colonel or something.

Ah come on! :D

It's a known bug, waffen, I guess not many people use teamswitch. I love the feature and use it as long as I can, but I've come across the same problems you describe.

Last time I've checked, I was pretty sure it had to do with switching back to a group that was last ordered to "wait for me" or left by himself in command of some vehicle. But now I just think number two is up for a mutiny :p.

The only way to workaround this problem to keep playing is to make number two "playable", but I haven't tested myself.

Hi guys, I couldn't be able to follow this thread due work related problems and ArmA 2 ;)

but I have to tell you this, I love to use the Team Switch feature, for me it's a must because I most exclusively mess with the editor(single player, and some accasional LAN games

I need to test the following:

1.Rank Structure (built in)[as Ornelp sugested]

2.A Script manage the unit's array and regroup them

or

3.Always implement CoC-CEX in all my missions which is what I'm being doing

Same Scenario [long post]

ArmA 1.16

CWR Desert Island

3 playable infantry groups (4 units each)

1 playable pilot

1 empty chopper

Sample infantry group: col, maj, lt, sgt.

Pourpose: As I already stated most of my ArmA I time I spend it solely messing around with the editor, picturing one scenario then spending weeks modifying it adding modules(dac), 3rd party addons(units) etc.

I like to have different playable groups from all sides, just to see the diff POV, but sometimes I change sides during the same session which WAS causing me problems

Description: ALL TASKS done by me, the player

pilot drives the chopper

1st group embark in chopper

pilot transport the 1st group

1st group disembark

1st group leader stays in command but with a locked [mount] order to the chopper, used method "done" via 0-1 removes the order and leader stays in command, if I abandon the group and recheck, locked [mount] order returns <- this is what makes the leader loose command

Repeat same operation for other two infantry groups only to loose command in all of them

Solutions didn't work

1.Rank Structure (built in)[as Ornelp sugested] - Didn't help

2.Implement CoC-CEX - Didn't help

So I guess the engine wasn't intended for that type of playing so I modified my style and always introduce CEX, just to be able to stay in command and order other groups around

regards