Sign in to follow this  
thales100

Matrox TripleHead2Go Issues - Please Fix in Patch 1.04

Game is amazing on triplehead :) , but there are still two annoying issues :

1- Please make the HUD optionally on the center monitor when running a triple setup, thats really annoying, specially if you use trackIR, to look left / right and check the HUD info.

2- If you try to launch Arma 2 at 5040x1050, you get a d3d error - so you must launch at 3840x1024 and then change the resolution in the game video options menu. Please fix it so it can be launched on the resolution you wanna play the game (thats what could be done till patch 1.01).

As a Matrox and TrackIR user these are too refinements I would be very pleased to see also.

I find it very difficult to land without being able to look at my airspeed and altitude meter.

Currently whenever I do, because it is so far to my left I have to turn my head which means TrackIR kicks in and my screen ends up looking above and behind the helicopter when I am needing to look in front and below because I am trying to land.

If anyone knows of any mod that will shift the HUD into the centre screen please shout me.

I've been fooling with the 1.03 patch and - in-game and in the editor - my HUD is centered on the main display! - the editor too!!

This is GREAT!!!

I thought maybe it was the SoftTH "squash" function actually working at last, but that's still set to "0"...

Whatever the reason, I'm definitely getting all the HUDs on the center display....

If you guys have patched to 1.03 have another look - maybe it's just some SoftTH quirk... I dunno...

B

I've been fooling with the 1.03 patch and - in-game and in the editor - my HUD is centered on the main display! - the editor too!!

This is GREAT!!!

I thought maybe it was the SoftTH "squash" function actually working at last, but that's still set to "0"...

Whatever the reason, I'm definitely getting all the HUDs on the center display....

If you guys have patched to 1.03 have another look - maybe it's just some SoftTH quirk... I dunno...

B

No, hud isnt centered, even after patch 1.03 (matrox th2g here). :(

Hi again Thales!

Must be a SoftTH quirk then - here's a couple of quickcrap screenies...

editor.jpg

in-game.jpg

I noticed on the GDTmod dev page they're thinking of a small mod to return the action menu to the old familiar Arma1 position, so its perfectly possible to move these menus around if you know what you're doing... I was hoping for a community mod to fix the issue since SoftTH "squash" never seemed to work, so this was a happy discovery for me...

Hope it isn't a "bug" and they don't "fix" it!!!

B

Hope it isn't a "bug" and they don't "fix" it!!!

B

Hey, hehe yes, it looks good, thats how i would like to have my hud on matrox :o

The HUD issue is fixed, easiest way possible haha :D, simply edit your ARMA2PROFILE at C:\Users\Home\Documents\ArmA 2 or C:\Users\Home\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles , setting :

triplehead=1;

:yay:

well spotted thales!

I just checked - indeed, I'm set to triplehead=1...

I didn't do that manually... maybe its autodetected when setting 12:3 and just wasn't working until the new patch??

whatever...

now we know!!

B

whatever...

now we know!!

B

Yes, centered HUD is a must for triple setup :D

Thanks folks, what fine and mighty genius you all display.

Thanks guys!!! This surely helps a lot!!!

ArmA 2, IMO, is the best game around for triple monitors... It's not often that a game comes along offering full TH support... let alone with options :D

most games work with triple head mostly because they just happen to, and not because of any intent on making them work... ArmA is the only series that actually shows some effort put in for us TH users!

Big hands up to BIS on this respect!!

One thing I would like to suggest though, is to put in a video option to set the geometry culling cone wider, since if you look to the far sides, you can see trees and building appearing and disappearing is plain sight (this should happen outside the viewable range, and does, if you have a normal monitor, which is not the case here ;) )

Cheers

Big hands up to BIS on this respect!!

Yes, specially imo because Arma 2 is a FPS supporting triplehead + trackIR. :yay:

thales100 I need your help setting up my TH2GO and arma 2... When im trying to use all screens everything in the game are stretched out. And BTW to bad that Brazil didnt make it to the final i love samba fotball :D regards from sweden

Is there a way of getting the centered hud without it being 12:3? I use 3 monitors that are each 16:10; making my aspect ratio 48:10. I find alot of problems keeping the aspect ratio at that only option.

Thanks.