Sign in to follow this  
BCA Cat Toaster

Can´t even install 1.03

I´ve just downloaded Patch 1.03 but i can´t install it to my PC nor to our Game-Server, because its says "ArmA2 is not installed on your PC or the installed version is faulty". I´ve the german retail version of the game and no problem so far applying patches until 1.03. Of course i install games to D:\Games\Bla.... which is normally not a problem. Is it that hard to implement an option to choose the path manual?

Edited by BCA Cat Toaster

I´ve just downloaded Patch 1.03 but i can´t install it to my PC nor to our Game-Server, because its says "ArmA2 is not installed on your PC or the installed version is faulty". I´ve the german retail version of the game and no problem so far applying patches until 1.03.

Did you change the exe name for SLI by chance?

no, i changed nothing, not even installed a single mod or addon. Not on my client, not on my server. And haven´t tweaked my Registry or use any kind of tuning tools which mess up the registry. Since the release of ArmA2 all i did is play ArmA2 and patching to 1.01 Beta, 1.01 Fina, 1.02, 1.02 2nd Release was no problem so far. Even if i would do a 2-3 hours complete reinstallation on my PC, what i´m supposed to do with our dedicated server, another 24h upload-orgy with 1Mbit?

Edited by BCA Cat Toaster

Ive seen this before. A mate had this happen. Will ask what he did when i get home from work. Its some silly (simple) thing you need to do if my memory serves me right.

Alex