Sign in to follow this  
Antichrist

Retaliation demo

Phantastic first mission! Great intro!

Just starting up like the official '85 campaign with brilliant

[and believable] russian voice acting (love the laughter..)

The ambush is an deadly lookout on an upcoming, I believe,

very hard campaign. Good! Will sit and wait anxiously for it to arrive. smile.gif

There are some typos in briefing and onscreen messages, but nothing serious.

---

(An word of warning [when playing with headphones] and one dislike though..)

I'm playing with headphones and usually turned up with OFP.

When you get captured, there is that grenade xplosion and this VERY high-pitched, sharp sound. It really did hurt my ears

as it was too much. Could you please tone down those and similar sounds just a little bit? It is _not_ annoying and fits quite well;..just way to intensive. Realism; but game. Many thanks in advance. smile.gif

Again, looking forward to this campaign !!!

May I suggest ZIPping the PBO? Sometimes raw PBOs get corrupted on downloads for some odd reason.

Wow, this is amazing! Both the intro and the mission are of very high quality, and I'm looking forward to the rest. The mission is quite hard, but that's a good thing!

>May I suggest ZIPping the PBO? Sometimes raw PBOs get corrupted on downloads for some odd reason.<

oh yeah; exactly that happened the first time, I've downloaded it. As soon as I copied the [indeed corrupted]

Retaliation.demo.pbo into the missions folder and choose 'Single Mission', OFP crashed violently with

'no entry in missions.sqm'

Since yesterday evening, when everything was alright, it could've been caused only by this newly copied .pbo file.

Easy fix. smile.gif

Thanks for zipping it up!

Yeah.. it rockord my boxorz.

I can't belive I just said that.

Great work !

nice idea to complete the mission by getting wounded/dieing

but i really tried hard to survive and alway restartet

after the 3rd try, i realized that i have to die to complete the mission

anyway, great work

(i got that sound problem, too )

In the campaign this mission gonna have two endings

We didn't want to include this in demo smile.gif

nice ass mission! one of the best ive played. keep up the great work, i cant wait til the campaign

Wow great mission, I hope all of em are like this..

If its not too much could you tone down that 'ringing in the ear' sound when you die, It really did ring my ears, scared the sh*t out of my dog too

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Goetterfunke2 @ Mar. 19 2002,23:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Great work !

nice idea to complete the mission by getting wounded/dieing

but i really tried hard to survive and alway restartet

after the 3rd try, i realized that i have to die to complete the mission

anyway, great work

(i got that sound problem, too )<span id='postcolor'>

:o You had to die to complete the mission, thats what i've been doing wrong sad.gif Thanks.

I kept getting killed so I just ran into the forest the last time I played it biggrin.gif

I was lying paralyzed behind the Jeep wreck. No way I was gonna stick out my head! biggrin.gif

The voice acting is supreme... it really adds atmosphere!

Great work - I'm really looking forward to this. You've done what I wished they had done in Red Hammer: Made all the briefings, storytext, etc, sound like the Russians are there to free the island and that NATO are evil! Great feel of propaganda! smile.gif

This is not propaganda wink.gif

We tell you the real story behind the events smile.gif

We've encountered some problems with fonts while translating it into German

We put all the German letters in, but after the save it just changes back to default letters

Any ideas?

try to use the german double "ss" insetad of the sharp s :"ß"

this would fix the "?" occuruing and the old sharp s is outranged anyway wink.gif

I just played this now. Really nice work!

Comments:

1. It's nice to no hear RH voices for a change. smile.gif However, some of them clearly sound like they were recorded in a roombut they're played for outdoorscenes.

2. When I got wounded, I had to rip my earphones off. Ouch! Is that intentional or could it have to do with Satchel's DR addon?

3. Consider refraining from using harsh explitives in voice and text.

I'm looking forward to this campaign.

1. We don't have money or resources to hire professional actors and record all the sounds at the studio. It has to be done at home using conventional methods (cheap microphones and soundcards) sad.gif

2. It was half-intentional. The sound was suppose to be loud, but not that loud. I can certainly say that some human error was involved in this biggrin.gif

3. This is Russian Army, so it is pretty much impossible, at least in speech. Will definitely use other words in text wink.gif

Might be because I only know 2 words in russian, but I found the voice acting great. Also all the screaming and yelling at enemy contact - it was as effective as shell-sounds, to add atmoshere, rather than a casual "Oh no, 3 is down..."

Swearwords? Did they utter swearwords? Could you please add those to the subtitles? Why am I to be cheated from enjoying them? tounge.gif

That ringing tone is still hanging in my ear though biggrin.gif

Oh whats wrong with a little shit, fuck and ass?

Sure, the large slaughter of you and your team is JUST peachy, but we can't stand a little nar language?

It adds emotion to the moment

" Aahh, we've been ambushed, No!! Johhny get up!!, fire back at those fukkers... "

Golly Gee Willikers! I'm terribly sorry guys, I don't know what got into me *tee-hee*