Sign in to follow this  
soldier2390

Disapearing/Apearing Things On Arma Models

hi everyone, i was making a few single pbo bis re-skined addons(a SF Delta Force Op./USAF PJ/USAF Staff Member/ and a navyseal\black ops type of guy) for pratice as im working on learning configs, but they turned out nice. and i want to release them to the public(after i get permissions for a few things) but i have a problem.

From a distance the models "turn back" to there old addon! ok i know its hard to explain..so here an example. the delta guy is from the original bis sabotor...so from a distance the delta guy looks like he did when he was a sabotor(has the hockey helmet, not the bonnie hat i added). and things that were not there on the original model..thinks like the backpack which i added disapears at a distance...??? please help? if i have to send sum one a model so they can look at it pm me.

Sounds like you have only changed the first resolution lod, and not the other ones.

yeah probly bud. but im still very new to all this. as i didnt have this problem with me seahawks. and i dont know what that is or what it means. so please if you can help, or want too, try to explain things in a way a noobie can understand please!

yeah probly bud. but im still very new to all this. as i didnt have this problem with me seahawks. and i dont know what that is or what it means. so please if you can help, or want too, try to explain things in a way a noobie can understand please!

The LOD concept is fundamental. It means Levels Of Detail and requires

that you need to make simpler models for the game engine to draw at

farther distances.

Open one of your models in Oxygen and look at the list of LODs (hit Alt-L

to toggle the list on and off). You will need to make your changes to all of

the models in the "LOD resolutions" (there will be about six "LOD resolutions",

labelled 1.000 to 6.000, on a BIS model soldier, plus a shadow LOD or two).

The symptoms you report suggest that you have changed only the 1.000

LOD.

Further correspondence on this should really be moved into the editing

forum.

ok will def. take that in consideration when i try.

@Admin please move to the proper editing section please.