Sign in to follow this  
PhelanKA7

Releasing mission > Crediting question

I'm putting the finishing touches on my first ARMA2 mission, and to be frank my first user made, and ready to consume product for any game.

My question is related to the AH-6 Little Bird mod by Cyborg11 and a NAPA reskin done by Jehzsus I have incorporated into the mission. I have tried PM'ing them on the Armaholic forums, but they have yet to respond to my request to use these mods. Would it be bad form to just credit them in my release notes and go ahead and release the mission, or should I wait for their blessing?

Thanks.

Edited by PhelanKA7
Added link

You don't have to ask permission to use any addon in your missions.

If you want you can add a Credits & Thanks section in the readme (if u have one) saying "Thanks to ... for ....".

Permission is needed if you are going to edit the addons (among other like incorporate them to a public package, ...), but not for using them in a mission.

Indeed - if they wouldn't want their addons used in public missions, they wouldn't publicly release them! Go right ahead (protip: provide a link to a download of the addon in your mission release topic + in your readme...makes things a lot smoother).

Regards,

Wolfrug