Sign in to follow this  
CrazyAviator

Reverting to previous saves

I tried reverting to the save in Razor 2 before I failed the mission and I discovered that you cant go to old saves from other missions. Infact, I guess the only way to "resume" from saves is to revert the entire campaign back to the mission in question. Can someone explain to me if this is the case or am I missing some option in the menu.

I tried reverting to the save in Razor 2 before I failed the mission and I discovered that you cant go to old saves from other missions. Infact, I guess the only way to "resume" from saves is to revert the entire campaign back to the mission in question. Can someone explain to me if this is the case or am I missing some option in the menu.

I don't really understand what you're asking. Why would you want to go back to a save in an earlier mission? If you didn't make a save in Razor 2 then you'll just have to restart it.

Yeah sorry for the confusion. What happend is I failed Razor 2 for a broken trigger, and yes there were many saves associated. I guess Razor 2 isnt a required mission, because the game loaded the next mission up. Well now all I can do on my "Harvest Red" select a mission screen is "restart" Razor 2 - not resume or revert. I noticed that after saving several times again on my second attempt, the ESC pause screen no longer has the "suspend" option either, it just says "abort" and I lose all my progress again. This ia a problem especially when trying to complete a mission that is so vast and apparently broken like Razor 2.

Uhm, I'm not going into that discussion again about "how broken" the campaign seems. There are enough threads with moaning people already.

Saved games (call them mission checkpoints) will always be deleted or overwritten as soon as you start (or revert to) another (campaign) mission. So, everytime you enter the next mission of the campaign or if you choose to revert the campaign to an earlier mission, you may want to "alt+tab" out of the game and copy and paste your active profile folder to a different directory. That way, you're able to "rescue" your latest safepoints at anytime if something fails in the actual mission or the game process.

Edited by Jimmy the Saint

That's painful. Oh man, I really don't want to go through this mission from the beginning again.

Is there a resource where we can download saves from people? I'm really enjoying this single player campaign but having to revert back to the START after my guy didn't get on the chopper or something went bad is not an option.

Uhm, I'm not going into that discussion again about "how broken" the campaign seems. There are enough threads with moaning people already.

Saved games (call them mission checkpoints) will always be deleted or overwritten as soon as you start (or revert to) another (campaign) mission. So, everytime you enter the next mission of the campaign or if you choose to revert the campaign to an earlier mission, you may want to "alt+tab" out of the game and copy and paste your active profile folder to a different directory. That way, you're able to "rescue" your latest safepoints at anytime if something fails in the actual mission or the game process.

All you have to do is to copy your actual ArmaII profile (saved checkpoints included) to a safe directory before making any new game (or saved checkpoints) related decisions. Because now, if you fail to make a game related progress, you just have to copy your earlier profile (in its safe directory) back to the original ArmAII profile folder and overwrite it with your earlier profile. The ArmaII profiles should be found in the "My Documents" folder. It's not that hard.

All you have to do is to copy your actual ArmaII profile (saved checkpoints included) to a safe directory before making any new game (or saved checkpoints) related decisions. Because now, if you fail to make a game related progress, you just have to copy your earlier profile (in its safe directory) back to the original ArmAII profile folder and overwrite it with your earlier profile. The ArmaII profiles should be found in the "My Documents" folder. It's not that hard.

I just ran into this problem. I got the the end of the mission when one of my guys spotted Lopotev's red hatch back "500 meteres ahead". Drove ahead and there was a red hatchback in Gorka that I thought was the one my guys had seen. Turned out it was the wrong one and 1.5 hours were completely wasted because I failed the mission and my save points were immediately deleted. Not a good design in my opinion. It seems Bis could have at least backed those up in a "mission" directory. It's small stuff like that that has always been frustrating about OPF, ARMA, and now ARMA 2 (granted in OPF we couldn't even save but once unless we did the alt-tab workaround).

As a developer that's why we always create use cases based on our customer requirements. While they may have not considered this, if they'd drawn out a few use cases about how save games are used, mission failiures, etc they could have forseen this issue and perhaps thought of a "mission name directory backup"

BTW When my guys, or even my character see a target why is that target not illuminated in some way. Perhaps I turned something off as in the first mission targets did get markers. Now my guys call out stuff (or even I do) and then I'm like I don't seen anyting.

Very frustrating as in the case above case of mistaken identity. It just happened that there was a red hatchback parked about 500 meters ahead of where my guy had called it and I thought perhaps Lopotev was hiding out in said house... Argh....

I just ran into this problem. I got the the end of the mission when one of my guys spotted Lopotev's red hatch back "500 meteres ahead". Drove ahead and there was a red hatchback in Gorka that I thought was the one my guys had seen. Turned out it was the wrong one and 1.5 hours were completely wasted because I failed the mission and my save points were immediately deleted.

Your save points were deleted because you progressed to the next campaign mission. And even though you failed the task,

it is supposed to end like that. In other words, you're not supposed to find Lopotev.