Sign in to follow this  
pokemaughan

Vehicle power/physics

Just a quick suggestion- I was playing around yesterday in a Humvee, driving along... and I kept getting caught on little 2-3 foot rock crags. Now I don't know if you guys have seen a Hummer at work, but these things can take on some SERIOUS terrain. But here I was, topped out at 20-30 mph, and I couldn't move at all when I ran into a little rock. Seriously, this thing has a heck of a lot more torque and power than that... I imagine the other vehicles behave very similarly. I also don't like that as soon as I get a tire or two on a road (paved or otherwise), my vehicle starts accelerating like crazy. The speed limiter off-road is pretty weak and too obvious. Again, this is a Hummer, folks...

Another thing is the omniscient AI being able to spot things at incredible distances, even through obstacles. I've noticed I'll be playing and my character will spot something long before it's visible.

Oh, and since I'm new here, I'll throw in the obligatory "optimize it please" :bounce3:

Edited by pokemaughan

i had a m1 Abrams tank roll over on a little rock...

Ya! I just had an armor scenario ruined because I pinballed off a rock and bounced around until rolling over. What in the world??