Sign in to follow this  
darkxess

Game Crashing?!?!

Erm well first id like to say that Arma2 is such a cool game, though to the point is that i cant play it for long, after around 20 to 25 minutes of playing without a problem, the game will crash, with a black screen and a box in the middle saying that Arma2 has stopped working! i cant close that box or nothing, the only choice i have is restart my comp... :(

My specs for this game are perfect:

Amd Phenom Triple Core

4g Ram

And 9800gtx 512mb nvidia g-card.

Any ideas guys? i really wanna play this game more without restarting it every 20 or so minutes.

Join the crowd!! A bunch of people seem to be having the same issue. I don't know if its the Nvidia drivers or if the game is calling something wrong that the drivers don't like or what?

I had a mysterious fix yesterday, I was playing and maybe getting 10 to 15 minutes before it crashed to the desktop and I reset the missions I was on which was manhattan and adjusted the graphic settings to mainly be normal for everything I think and the next 3 or 4 hours it ran without a crash.

Very odd!!

Same here, plays like a dream then after 20 minuter major lag and CTD.

Had to restart my rig.

Asus ATI card though.

Join the crowd!! A bunch of people seem to be having the same issue. I don't know if its the Nvidia drivers or if the game is calling something wrong that the drivers don't like or what?

I had a mysterious fix yesterday, I was playing and maybe getting 10 to 15 minutes before it crashed to the desktop and I reset the missions I was on which was manhattan and adjusted the graphic settings to mainly be normal for everything I think and the next 3 or 4 hours it ran without a crash.

Very odd!!

Not really that odd. The reason why Arma2.exe is blowing, at least from my experience in the last few weeks is that it reaches a critical mass with RAM usage, probably a mixture of system RAM and video RAM.

By lowering the in-game graphics settings, you're placing no requirement to load up higher quality textures and other graphical-related stuff into RAM. Therefore it takes much longer before you (if at all) encounter the same problem.

to close the CTD box rather than restart your PC just alt-tab.

you will see 2 armaII options, one is the error reporting, one is the game.

Highlight the 1st one, error reporting and then just press enter. or if you want to send the error report do the same but then press tab, then enter.

Do not move your mouse or press any buttons when doing this.

Game will just close then and saves you having to reboot :)

(can't you just tell I'm a CTD vet :( )