Sign in to follow this  
PitViper

1.46 update for satchel's dynamic range soundpack

Here's the link: (as stated two messages above)

http://www.tngg.org/ofp/DynamicSoundUpdate.exe

Kudos to Pit Viper for updated .CPP file.

This will, of course, be updated as things progress.

Here's a thought.

Why doesn't BIS simply seperate the "sound" portion of the Config.bin from the necessary encrypted portion? (for the next patch)

This would effectively allow the users to make sound mods ad infinitum, without compromising the actual gameplay info.

If anyone has already thought of this/posted/gotten a response .....or if it simply can't be done....

Please inform me  smile.gif

Trudge on....

.:iX

ix:

which cpp is that? my latest one?  beta2? have you tested it with beta2?

BTW, beta2 seems to work fine for me, even in multiplayer (reports modified config of course, but continues playing and doesnt crash or drop)

To use your words:

"these are the original ones I made before I threw that new class in there. They are very similar to Wrights 1.45 ones except for a few lines. I'm trying to determine if it is that new class I threw in there (which are posted on my site) that is causing your problems. "

I used the one minus the custom reticule. Hope that clears it up?. We're using it in multiplayer on the LAN here enjoying the snot out of it. I haven't had one problem yet.

Trudge on..

ok.. unfortunately I havent got any feedback, so I don't know if there is a problem with beta2.  beta2 works fine for me in multiplayer.  I'm just worried that the older cpp will crash the game for certain missions if it goes looking for the class that BIS put in there in 1.46 and I put in the beta2 cpp. I'm just wondering if you should put the latest in there smile.gif

Nice package BTW

Is there anyway you can assign an icon to the batch file/pif? Here's an ofp icon:

icon

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ixnaymu9 @ Mar. 21 2002,04:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why doesn't BIS simply seperate the "sound" portion of the Config.bin from the necessary encrypted portion? (for the next patch)<span id='postcolor'>

Because sounds can help cheaters, too.

Imagine you're on the west team in an MP game and you modified your config so that east soldier's footsteps are 4 times louder than the supplied sound.

Or you're on the east team and you've modified the MP5's silenced sound to be like an M16.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ Mar. 21 2002,06:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ok.. unfortunately I havent got any feedback, so I don't know if there is a problem with beta2.  beta2 works fine for me in multiplayer.  I'm just worried that the older cpp will crash the game for certain missions if it goes looking for the class that BIS put in there in 1.46 and I put in the beta2 cpp. I'm just wondering if you should put the latest in there smile.gif

Nice package BTW

Is there anyway you can assign an icon to the batch file/pif? Here's an ofp icon:

icon<span id='postcolor'>

I just tried out the Beta2 CPP file online. Woohoo! No problems. We played through a LOOOONG mission. Not a single hiccup.

I'm putting together an updated installer using the new one (beta2) as we speak. I'll leave the hot swap icons on the desktop just in case someone needs to switch back to the original. Doesn't hurt anything.

I got your icon. I'm not sure if I'll be able to attach it because of the way that the installer creates the shortcuts based on environment variables. We'll see what it can do.

Expect an updated installer in 15 or so....I'll name it accordingly. So that no confusion erupts.

Thanks again for the CPP file, PV. And thanks for the package props smile.gif Always appreciated.

Trudge On....

Here it is: DynamicSoundUpdate_v2.exe

http://www.tngg.org/ofp/DynamicSoundUpdate_v2.exe

This includes PV's Beta2 .CPP file instead of the first one. I still included the quick switch batch file shortcuts on the desktop, but changed the verbage to reflect original vs. modded instead of singleplayer vs. multiplayer.

PV: Unfortunately, I couldn't add that icon to the desktop icon. I did include the icon in the build for anyone who wanted to (later) change the icon of their desktop shortcuts. It just would have been entirely too complicated to do. The "installer" is nothing more than a fancy self-extractor with some environment variable capability and some additional features. It isn't InstallShield...:(

Anyhow peeps. Enjoy! Hope this helps both Satchel and PitViper (and Wright) get some better exposure to the OFP community with this fantastic Sound Mod.

ok.. I have been testing it extensively and the beta2 has not had a single problem for me.

I am finalizing from beta2 to final.

I have updated my site accordingly

I have posted your package also.

http://www.uvm.edu/~efisher