Sign in to follow this  
Sevenblarg02

Texture loading 'lag'/ texture flickering

Ok can all the fanboys stop denying this without proof, I have proven this problem exists on my setup now please prove it doesn't on yours or shut up.

just because it happens on your setup doesn't mean shit. Everyone has different hardware, configs, and drivers, so your point is moot

Either way no one was denying anything...I think it's been said many times that almost everyone gets this, so you have to change some settings to cure it

I get this problem also, but it's usually only during the start of a mission when my pc is trying to load all the models/textures; but then it goes away after a few seconds and I never see it again (until maybe the next mission)

Edited by No Use For A Name

Blueshift:

the -openal has no effect on my problems. Still get black, blocky textures, white runways, etc.

the -winxp command does help though, but seems to mess up the "whites" in the game (too bright)

Waiting for a patch. I mean seriously, 8GB of ram is not that uncommon now days!

Well i have texture loading bug aswell btw and found nothing to help. Every setting on low, using a sniper to zoom in and then go out of zoom makes surrounding textures (and shadows) flicker and load while im looking at them.

Tried maxmem 2047, aswell as -winxp with no diffrence.

i didnt find the loading of textures to be a big deal. Same thing happened with Crysis. They using the Crytec engine? because all the same graphical errors are very similar. But then again im using a 8800GTS 512mb vidcard, that runs game at 35 fps, not worth upgrade yet till next generation of graphic cards, this is the only game that really tests my computer. No other game really needs a hardware update. Ill probably get the latest vidcard after the 295GTX. Cant wait. :):):) (in a year or so:(:(:,). I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!

Cryengine did it, but only in 32bit mode with high or veryhigh textures. Mind you, at least crytek offer a 64bit version of their game that disables any texturestreaming whatsoever - wich fixes this for good. And their textures/shadows never flickered close to what ArmA2 is doing.

I know this is an old thread, but even now the problem with textures flickering and shadows turning and on and off still hasn't been fixed in Arma 2 & Operation Arrowhead, as well as other games like NFS Undercover and Shift 2. I have a GTX 770 4gb and the texture flickering is horrendous and I also get the annoying shadow problems. It definitely can't be a hardware fault or every game would be the same, but most games appear to be alright or the effect is no where near as bad. To make sure it's not a hardware fault, I also installed Arma 2 on my Dad's computer which has a GTX 560Ti and used the latest Nvidia drivers 337.81 and tried the village sweep mission and I get exactly the same problem at the start of the mission with awful texture flickering and disappearing shadows in exactly the same place, so that's more than enough proof that it's either bugs in the game or the Nvidia drivers are getting worse. It appears of late that they are trading performance for visual quality. :( Next I'll try the oldest Nvidia drivers available for Windows 8.1 and see if they work any better.