Sign in to follow this  
kocrachon

Mission COMPLETLY failing to work...

So I made about 10 missions, I ran them perfectly fine when it was me and the AI...

But the minute I start letting players connect, my missions start failing to work.. Triggers don't go off and such.

Is there something I am doing wrong that i need to incorperate to make them run well as actual MP matches? Im not running it on a dedicated server at all..

Also note, when I switched to being an opfor player, the bluefor helicopter doesnt land anymore since I am not in it..

an example of a failing trigger is this one...

NOT (S1 in bird1) AND NOT(S2 in bird1) AND NOT(S3 in bird1) AND NOT(S4 in bird1)

That is the trigger condition for a "switch" trigger. The people get out (via ejection because for some reason the helicopter doesn't land when I'm not the squad leader) and the trigger still never activates.

Edited by HavocDemon

If S1, S2, S3 or S4 is not existing your trigger never fires. Maybe there are 3 of 4 players in the game, so the last slot doesnt exist. The trigger failed cause the trigger is: Not false and Not false and Not false and Nil/Any.

Thats maybe one problem in your mission.

If S1, S2, S3 or S4 is not existing your trigger never fires. Maybe there are 3 of 4 players in the game, so the last slot doesnt exist. The trigger failed cause the trigger is: Not false and Not false and Not false and Nil/Any.

Thats maybe one problem in your mission.

But even when I am in that seat, all by myself, even with no 2, 3, or 4 players, it still works effectively. The minute I am not the squad leader, the triggers stop working appropriately.

When I run it as a dedicated server, the same issue arrizes... the helicopter doesn't land and even if the players eject out of the helicopter it doesn't move onward.

Why not try something like naming the group of the players than have the trigger check if the group is in the helo instead of each individual player?

Tried that and it doesnt seem to work..

the leader of the squad has this as his init..

Squad1 = group this

the trigger had this in it, but didn't work at all..

NOT (Squad1 in Bird1)

the trigger never activated...

Incorrect syntax.

{_X in crew Bird1} count (units Squad1) <= 0

Doesn't that count the crew itself? Because all of the people in Squad1 are just cargo, not actual crew members of it. We are being flown in by AI...

No, it just checks if the number of members of Squad1 that are in the crew (including cargo space) of Bird1 is 0.

Sweet, it worked like a charm for that...

But the problem is, the helicopter still wont land the minute some one other than me is the leader of the squad thats in the helicopter...

The minute I throw other players into the mission with me, things start to not work properly... Is there something more I need to do to make it work online other than add a gamelogic named server?

Edited by HavocDemon

Getting AI to land has always been a serious pain in the arse.

Read through the forums on heli insertion/extraction, there a couple of good MP compatible demo missions out there.

Getting AI to land has always been a serious pain in the arse.

Read through the forums on heli insertion/extraction, there a couple of good MP compatible demo missions out there.

But the problem is... I got it to work... but it changes the minute I add players.

What I want to know is why does adding players cause this issue? Nothing should be working differently...

EDIT: For now I am just using the "Helicopter1 land "GET OUT"" command combined with creating waypoints command after my guys get out. Not the best method I think, for some reason the dostop commands no longer work the way they use to, so I will use this for now..

Edited by HavocDemon