Sign in to follow this  
noamles

GMJ Sight Adjustment for ArmA2

it was moved to the hpp file in the dta folder so it won't break the signature.

Great mod, makes long range hits easier. I have a slight problem with using mils.

.1 mils is supposed to be 0.005625 degrees. When I put this into the GMJ_SA.hpp file,

GMJ_SA_adj[] = { 0.005625, 0.005625 };

and load up the game, the adjustments in game show up as .098 mils. Currently, I have my adjustment increments set to 0.005731024 which shows up in game as .1 mils. I was wondering if this could be fixed in the next revision of the mod. I really like using mils because the game distances are in meters and the scopes use mil-dot reticles.

there is not gonna be a next revision. so use what ever works for you.

the problem is you used 6400 MILS in a circle where the author of the addon (not me) used 6283 MILS in a circle.

i know that the US ARMY rounded it to 6400 to make it easier, but 6283 is the true number math wise.

Edited by noamles

there is not gonna be a next revision. so use what ever works for you.

the problem is you used 6400 MILS in a circle where the author of the addon (not me) used 6283 MILS in a circle.

i know that the US ARMY rounded it to 6400 to make it easier, but 6283 is the true number math wise.

Doing my own calculations by hand, I see now that you are correct. I have been duped by several internet-based angle converters into thinking .1 mil-radian = .005625. Now I just need to find a correct angle converters or make my own in a spreadsheet. Thanks for the clarification.

did some testing and came up with the perfect number for 0.1 MIL:

GMJ_SA_adj[] = { 0.0057295, 0.0057295};

Anyone have any idea if there is a way we can make the mod show the range table from the sights? so tiresome to go back to the map to check them :(

if anyone downloaded the (RH_M4M16_v1.0_Rearmed pack) this is for: MK12 SD and MK12 MOD1 SD

"MK12 SD", "B_556x45_Ball", 300, -0.0166667, 350, 0, 400, 0.0166667, 450, 0.0375, 500, 0.0833334, 550, 0.0708334, 600, 0.133333, 650, 0.15, 700, 0.183333, 750, 0.220833, 800, 0.2375

i didn't go above 800 because even though i could, this is a silenced weapon and at 800 I'm pretty happy ^^ the above info is allot different from the normal MK12 so i presume whoever designed the SD version didn't clone the MK12.

Edited by marc420

Is there any way to define CTRL + key? I would like to use up, down, left and right, but in a combination with right CTRL.

Hi,

Is it possible to define mouse wheel to use up and down? I didn't find way to do that, hopely someone know.

hi,

i have a little problem with this mod.

i installed it correct, it works, but everytime i start a mission i becom a error-notification "rangecard_list.txt not found" - the rangecards are all in the mod-folder where the sight adjustment mod is placed.

in the map-menue there is a rangecard for every weapon, but its empty, without data.

is there a simple solution?

the only way for me to play is to write all the rangecards on a paper, so i have the elevation data for the guns, but thats an unsatisfieying way to do that.

@doc- The only things I can think of are:

1) Do you have Community Based Addons installed and running?

2) Did you put the range cards and the range card list in the addons folder inside the @GMJ_SightAdjustment folder?

3) Do you have any onther mods running, inparticularly any weapon mods?

I personally have a seperate mod folder for each mod. Then I use Spirited Machines Game Launcher (easy to select and change up which mods I run just by clicking the box)and that works for me with the range cards and values.

@doc- The only things I can think of are:

1) Do you have Community Based Addons installed and running?

2) Did you put the range cards and the range card list in the addons folder inside the @GMJ_SightAdjustment folder?

3) Do you have any onther mods running, inparticularly any weapon mods?

I personally have a seperate mod folder for each mod. Then I use Spirited Machines Game Launcher (easy to select and change up which mods I run just by clicking the box)and that works for me with the range cards and values.

hi, thanks for you answer!

1) yes

2) yes, of course.

3)yes, but i face the problem with gmj standalone and with mods. running.

the sight adjustement itself works fine, i printed the lists, so the work also, but i prefer to have them ingame.

One other thing I thought of. When you go to the map screen and double click the rangecard it may come up blank but if you click the arrow in the upper corner it will cycle through the gun range cards. That got me one time when I went in and it was blank. Just a suggestion if you haven't tried that. Other than that I would have no idea. Good luck with it:). BTW if you haven't tried it yet, I use, and would recommend trying, 31st MEU Reticles and realistic ballistics (it comes with a full set of new range cards, accurate to the new ballistics) as it adds a new dimension of realism since it changes the sights and corrects alot of the bullet ballistics;).

One other thing I thought of. When you go to the map screen and double click the rangecard it may come up blank but if you click the arrow in the upper corner it will cycle through the gun range cards. That got me one time when I went in and it was blank. Just a suggestion if you haven't tried that. Other than that I would have no idea. Good luck with it:). BTW if you haven't tried it yet, I use, and would recommend trying, 31st MEU Reticles and realistic ballistics (it comes with a full set of new range cards, accurate to the new ballistics) as it adds a new dimension of realism since it changes the sights and corrects alot of the bullet ballistics;).

i have solved my problem.

like most times, the problem was IN FRONT of the computer, not IN the computer:D

i keep my modfolders clean, mostly......

but this time i installed some addons by mistake in the @GMJ folder and not in my folder @Addontests, stupid me.

just forget to set a new unpacking path in my addonstest folder.

now everything is fine and smooth.

thanks for your answer.

i will give the 31st Meu Reticles a try, i love long range sniping, so this seems to be a lot of fun.

Edited by doc stahlhelm

Anybody willing to share their compiled rangecards? (Mil-dot)

( Vanilla weapons Opfor and Blufor )

I want to compile a spreadsheet ( if it's not available ) and print out small cards to keep handy without having to pop into the map all the time. And share it when done.

cheers

Mad Jack

Hmm, the above sounds likea good idea. Someone could create a templete for printing out credit acrd sized rangecards that we could laminate ourselves and keep handy. Bit like the grainsize cards geologists use when looking at sediementry rocks!

Also, does anybody have a rangecard forthe cz550 rifle. DO likea bit of hunting with that rifle!

Good day noamles,

Firstly tx for all your effort with this mod, Good work.

Now, I have a weird problem in that I cannot get the rangecard buttons (arrows and weapon list buttons etc.) on the rangecard to work, so I am stuck with a blank rangecard.

cannot navigate around or add new or anything.

When the rangecard is minimized I can sometimes get the buttons to work, but most times not.

NO other mods besides @CBA running. Arma2 V1.07

I have ensured that the rangecards and rangecard_list.txt are in the @GMJ_SightAdjustment\Addons

mod folder.

I have checked and re-checked that the GMJ_SA.hpp is in the Dta folder.

Any Ideas?

Cheers

Muz

[edit]

Ok more info.

Figured out that what is happening is that the buttons are not getting focus when the mouse is over them. The "getFocus"?? (guessing at the term, I did VB coding a long while ago) seems to be offset in some way.

So what happens is that the buttons/ list boxes/ data entry fields do not get focus on mouse over. Rather I have to move the cursor down and to the right and then the buttons etc get focus.

The value I have to move to the right also seems to be incremental, as the buttons on the leftside of the rangecard the (focus area) is a way to the right of the button graphic, while the right hand side button (focus area) is directly beneath the button graphic.

?????

[edit]

figured it out:

It has to do with the way the interface size (map/ui etc) is set up. (or in this case, NOT SET UP CORRECTLY)

If you use NORMAL interface size, it is ok, but if you use SMALL, or VERY SMALL etc, the mouse "gains" when moving on the map.

You can check this by setting interface to small, grabbing your compass or watch or radio and moving it across the map.

You will notice that the compass will travel faster than your mouse. So it may start under your mouse, but will end up to the right (if you're moving right) or to the left (moving left).

This also occurs when moving up or down.

Sometimes I hate this game.

Edited by muzashi1963
update