Sign in to follow this  
Electricleash

Assigning Civilians to Faction

I'm trying to work out how to assign two groups of four civilians to the Guerilla or USMC faction for a coop, with four slots available to a player OPFOR.

The pretense being that AI Insurgent (with some player OPFOR force just to mix it up a bit) are scouring the country for the ousted civilians, but without mowing down all other civilians on the map.

Ive checked out the wiki commands, such as 'Side = playerSide' but not quite sure how to apply them.

Also what sort of problems could I run into with JIP?

Any help's appreciated.

E

edit: Oh and I'm not happy just using the 'armed civis' under guerillas/Insurgents.

Hihi, thats an easy question:

Place your group of civilians and and a Blufor/Ins unit. Make the Bluforunit the highest rank and group all civilians with this unit. Set the "Probability of Presence" to 0%. The side of the leader is always the same side of his fellows. So if you put civilians under a westleader, they become west too.

Hi thanks for the rapid response Neo, but how might this affect the players who Join in Progress. According to the wiki, all 'JIP' players spawn in as BLUFOR initially and have to be manually sided.

Is this invisible leader always 'there' in terms of game rules. I don't want to hit the problem of a player dieing, respawning and finding that the AI OPFOR now consider him a civilian again...?

E

"JIP" always start as Bluefor?`What a ****... forget this.... the side of every unit is set at the mission start. If a playable Civilian starts in a westgroup as AI and is taken over by a player while the mission runs, he will stay west.... even after respawn.... its not possible to change side of a unit during game. To switch side the player must switch the unit (via resign or selectplayer)