Sign in to follow this  
Oleg_Str

If my copy is licensed?

I have some doubts as for legality of my copy of the game.

-It's bought in Ukraine in supermarket /so should be OK/ and there is a hologram sticker on it /which shows it's legal - BUT it is not such a problem for pirates to buy those stickers somewhere/.

-Translated to Russian, but with numerous mistakes.

-There are two games on disk - ArmA & ArmA II.

-After/before install it didn't asks for ANY codes, serial numbers and so on. I also didn't find any of such codes, S/N's on the box or disk itself.

-It can't be patched to 102_58134. Returns error message "wrong CD-Key".

-Publisher web adress on the box is printed with mistake /sviigor.com.ua - should be sviTigor.com.ua/.

-Site sviTigor.com.ua is "under construction", they asks to send questions and suggestions by E-Mail, but support's email gives no response.

Sounds dodgy as you must enter your serial number from the back of the manual when installing.

Very dodgy. No serial and ArmA + ARMA2 in the same box? C'mon man.

Who's the distributor of the game? 505 Games? Check the box.

Alex

The fact that it included Arma 1 pretty much proves it is a fake. Unless someone was feeling very generous :)

Yep, it's illegal, you may want to use that against the supermarket... or not

Daaaaaamn.

Yes, I may want use it against them. Cos I want to play on the I-net. I want patches be applicable and so on. I also don't want some money-taking cheater to keep me for an idiot ;-).

Well I aso think it's illegal, but I hope that someone from BIS will give me kinda official answer. I need it to be 100% sure I'm right:

1. In Ukraine it's not enough just to tell to seller "What you sold me isn't licensed". So thay will be scared to death and return money. When I will tell them it's pirate copy, I'm 60% sure that they will point me at "Licensing hologram".

2. If they will refuse I will be forced to go to Consumer Right Defends society. There this "kinda official answer" I hope for will be very usefull too.

3. BIS is also intersted in stoping such sells as their game are illegaly sold in size_of_a_footballfield supermarkets.

Very dodgy. No serial and ArmA + ARMA2 in the same box? C'mon man.

Who's the distributor of the game? 505 Games? Check the box.

Alex

Distributed by some "M-Progress", Ukraine, Kiev. No 505 Games mentioning found.

Edited by Oleg_Str

Bhahaha. Not exactly. Thing are even worther. This s/markets net belong to two brothers. So there should be two of them.