Sign in to follow this  
tankkiller01

winrar problems

Hi i am having problems with winrar at the moment as i have downloaded it fresh thismorning and just downloaded a camo faces mod for ArmA 2.. Anyway i am sure that to extract the files they should have a stack of books icon but mine dont! Mine are a notepad icon and a windows icon..*see image

I cant extract anything.. Also i downloaded a random mod to test and i instaled it , opened it with winrar and it just comes up in notepad again with the code on.... Anyone help please

winrarproblem.th.jpg

The files in your picture look fine to me, one is a .bikey, another is a .bisign and the addon itself is the .pbo file.

I see no problem, they are used as they are, no need for further extraction unless you want to examine the PBO contents.

Planck

the thing is i have not yet extracted the files to a modfolder yet because i cant .

Could you explain what to do please , if you can . cheers

am a noob when it comes to folders and files etc

I have no idea why your computer defaults those file types to notepad, but this is what you should do -

1) Go to My Computer and find where ArmA 2 is installed (usually C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA2 or something along those rough lines)

2) Inside this folder, create a new folder (right click, New -> Folder) and call it Mods. Open this folder, and create one called Addons.

3) Go to Winrar, select all the files and press extract. Extract them to the addons folder inside the mods folder you created.

And I agree with Dwarden, use 7-zip. Winrar is shit.