Sign in to follow this  
Tinker

Removing dead vehicles

Can I remove a dead vehicle from the mission / map?

Playing through some great coop missions atm. 1 thing I see that bugs me is, if you kill a vehicle, maybe a heli. Every 30 seconds or so, the explosion loops for the rest of the mission. Anyway to prevent this by possibly removing the dead vehicle, or something else.

Seems to effect several vehicles on kill. Tested a tank too. Pretty annoying, would be nice to know for future reference.

Can I remove a dead vehicle from the mission / map?

Playing through some great coop missions atm. 1 thing I see that bugs me is, if you kill a vehicle, maybe a heli. Every 30 seconds or so, the explosion loops for the rest of the mission. Anyway to prevent this by possibly removing the dead vehicle, or something else.

Seems to effect several vehicles on kill. Tested a tank too. Pretty annoying, would be nice to know for future reference.

All you need to do is run a script for each vehicle :-

put [this] exec "scriptname.sqs" in the init of each vehicle

and use this code :-

_vehi = _this select 0
#loop
?(Not(Alive _vehi)) : Deletevehicle _vehi ; Exit
~30
goto "loop"

Is this the only possible way to remove the vehicle from constantly exploding throughout the mission?

You can do it with a killed addEventHandler. Simply add {deletevehicle this select0} to the action result of the event handler. When it blows up, it gets deleted. I run a script myself, and add a delay so it gets removed 30 seconds later.