Sign in to follow this  
ovp87

secop+respawn?

Hi,

I'm trying to create a simple mp map for me and a couple friends, just the normal secops w. ambient fighting etc.

So far i've got most of it working ok.

Ive hit a little snag however, whenever a player dies you get a secop that offers you re-enforcements, what im trying to do is allow the dead player take control of the reinforcements once they have landed.

Let me admit im very new at using this editor, so far ive tried:

respawn = "SIDE";

respawnDelay = 2;

OR

respawn = "TEAM";

respawnDelay = 2;

in description.ext

Both work fine with the original playable characters on the map, but neither allows the players to take control of reinforcements that spawns in the Secop.

Tried searching on the forum but to no avail.

Can anyone help a rookie mapmaker?

I'd love to know if this would be possible as well. I've created a mission with the random SecOps manager but have never exported it online yet. Now I have noticed that your missions get autosaved whenever you suspend it. Have you tried forcing the game to autosave your mission AFTER you get a reinforcement? Maybe this would "add" the reinforcement guys in the team list in the game lobby and that way they could take control of the reinforcement characters.

bump..

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

Sigh, just noticed that secop wont work when you respawn anyway...

as much as i love this game there just keeps popping up more and more obstacles.

What do you mean it won't work? It stops giving you missions after you respawn? Have you tried my suggestion?

Bit of an immersion breaker BF2-Trooper dont you think? Nor that I am knocking you or your suggestion just he wants a wau of controlling AI that spawn during the mission.

yup thats right, secop wont work when you respawn regardless, making the whole discussion moot.

Either the dev's intended secop's for singleplayer only, or they just didnt finish the job properly. (or i've completely misunderstood somthing)

As far as your suggestion, im not sure its even possible, the problem from what i can tell is that the secop module is synced to the squad leader\orignal player, respawning seems to break this.

You need to add an eventhandler that resyncronises the player with the SOM after respawn.

Look into the comref for the command to add an object to the the array of objects synced to something else and also look into simple respawn event handlers that, for example fix the briefing problem.

That should be enough to get you going.

first off, thanks for the response.

good to see some more experienced people that takes the time to answer some questions.

that said however, im really not sure how id proceed with the tip you gave me.

im gonna keep looking, but any specifics would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I'm trying to create a simple mp map for me and a couple friends, just the normal secops w. ambient fighting etc.

So far i've got most of it working ok.

Ive hit a little snag however, whenever a player dies you get a secop that offers you re-enforcements, what im trying to do is allow the dead player take control of the reinforcements once they have landed.

Let me admit im very new at using this editor, so far ive tried:

respawn = "SIDE";

respawnDelay = 2;

OR

respawn = "TEAM";

respawnDelay = 2;

in description.ext

Both work fine with the original playable characters on the map, but neither allows the players to take control of reinforcements that spawns in the Secop.

Tried searching on the forum but to no avail.

Can anyone help a rookie mapmaker?

Hey, mate

If wanna use the SECOPS even if you die and respawn again in ONLY a group. Try this, copy and paste this into your description.ext

respawn = "GROUP";

respawnDelay = 2;

If not in group you have to create a init.sqf script.

Look here for scripts http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=7296

Also see these missions with secop

Here http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=7319

Here http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=7204

revive as a respawn method has issues when used in MP with SOM - I've read threads involving the red "hurt" screen staying on and invulnerable players problems.

not sure about norrin's revive script and its compatibility with SOM.

Guess it should be fine with a little tweaking, as long as you remember to worry about resynching with the SOM after revive again - not sure how exactly norrin handles getting killed, whether it respawns a new vehicle or sets the health of the old one back to alive status...