Sign in to follow this  
mashimocs

Stupid Newbie Question Sorry

Ive only just started playing and maybe played a handfull of times online. How do you rank up on multiplayer?

Each server tracks rank independently (or not at all). So it depends on the server and what mission they are running. You may not rank up at all. And restarting the mission/server wipes out any rank gained.

Don't fixate on it too much.

Each server tracks rank independently (or not at all). So it depends on the server and what mission they are running. You may not rank up at all. And restarting the mission/server wipes out any rank gained.

Don't fixate on it too much.

Thanks, just curious. As almost all vehicles I've got in say I need to be ranked higher:)

Then might I suggest playing different missions (like, not Evolution and stuff), apparently though they are hard to find on public servers.

*is even more motivated to finish some good OFP-ish COOPs*

Hey Mashimocs, if what you are looking for is a rank like in BF2, you won't find it in Arma. If what you are looking for in a server running the Evo scenario is rank, you need time on a mission. Hook up with another player or group on that server until you get the hang of it and gain some rank through completing missions. That will, however, only be for that server, and often is reset when the mission restarts. So, if you find an Evolution server 'unlocked' or otherwise no rank required, you have free reign with the vehicles.

I'd also recommend a different game type to learn the ropes on, either a coop or a PVP. Either way get into contact with some other people to ease yourself into this game. There are many user made missions that are now being documented in the multiplayer section of these forums.

Good luck.

Cheers;)

Im struggling atm, I end up driving around and getting lost for about 10 minutes, and then end up dying:D Never seems to be very much Co-op :confused: