Sign in to follow this  
Redfield-77

How to name a bot?

Is it possible to name an AI Bot in a mission. As it is bot names are random every time you play a mission. I want an AI to have the same name every time the mission is played.

TIA

BTW I did search and all post I found were from 2007 or before.

It's the SetIdentity command.

The description.ext file in the mission folder is where you punch in the specifics. See here.

So, in the unit's init box use: Guy1 setidentity "billybob", and then in the cfgidenties section of the description.ext you actually fill in the options for billybob. I haven't messed with it in a long time but if I remember correctly you can just punch in a name and all the rest will be randomized as normal.

For clarity it looks like this

class CfgIdentities

{

class billybob

{

name="Billy Bob";

face="Face20";

glasses="None";

speaker="Dan";

pitch=1.1;

};

};

Where the face, glasses, speaker, etc can probably be left out unless you want to customize those, too. Be warned that the voices, etc, in the Biki are for OFP and Arma 1. Dunno when they'll add the arma2 voices and glasses.

Edited by SEAL84

Great! thanks seal.

EDIT:Working. Just have to restart editor and reload mission.

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

One other question. Is there a place I can see the faces numbered or is it all trial and error?

Edited by Redfield-77

Great! thanks seal.

EDIT:Working. Just have to restart editor and reload mission.

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

One other question. Is there a place I can see the faces numbered or is it all trial and error?

everytime you update something in description.ext you have "reload" it, but the easiest and fastest way to do this is to just click on save. That way you wont have to close editor or load another mission.

BE WARNED: ANY ERROR IN DESCRIPTION.EXT WHEN YOU SAVE CAUSE ARMA TO CLOSE, ALL NONE SAVED CHANGES WILL BE LOST.