Sign in to follow this  
cervantes de leon

Time Limit Petition

Hi guys and welcome to my first post

i've started this petition under the assumption that like me, no-one who plays this type of open sandbox game likes TIME LIMITS.

Hopefully i can get enough people to sign this and have them (semi)removed from the game. I'll give you an example (contains spoilers for Mission:Razor Two):

when you have to track down the evidence and capture the 2nd in command before he gets north of Gorka.

took me several hrs of trial and error to find the evidence then further reverts to find the right time/road heading to gorka to ambush the guy (092074). my question is why?!!!

the mission should be organised as follows:

find and cap the guy before he reaches gorka OR the mission is made 10x, 100x, hell even a 1000x harder as he is now in a well protected base in the north. that way all the time i spent in a hummvee (i don't trust chopper pilots) isn't wasted but i do get punished for dragging my feet.

i also heard that Mission:Manhatten has a similar time based thing with the smugglers that could be solved in a similar way.

if anyone agrees with me on their removal provided the game gets harder if you fail to meet the time limit please sign up. means far fewer wasted hrs especially for new players and fewer trial and error situations just trying to find the right order to complete objectives.

Thanks For Listening...Reading (would like this stickied if it gets enough people signed up - cheers :D)

I also don't like time limits, neither in reallife nor ingame.

I have not played the mission you mentioned, but what you say makes sense in this particular example.

But imagine you are playing a mission where Intel informs you a friendly prisoner will be shot at noon and you have to rescue him. In this case a time limit makes sense - though I confess that I would expect some frustration and several fresh starts from such a mission.

I say: Let the mission designer decide about time limits in his mission. The players will decide if they wan to play it.

I agree that time limits are not appropriate for such trial and error missions in this type of game.

Time limits a pain even on linear games like COD

Time limits a pain even on linear games like COD

im in the veteran mile high club, i wish pun intended!