Sign in to follow this  
SilentEcho

Joysticks and throttles

could u use the separte throttle and joystick on this one like the Saitek X45 Digital Joystick and Throttle or do i got to use one that is on the joystick like the Microsoft SideWinder Precision 2 Joystick and if anyones got a simulation flyer could u use both of those too?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SilentEcho @ Feb. 26 2002,00:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">could u use the separte throttle and joystick on this one like the Saitek X45 Digital Joystick<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, you CAN use a separate throttle and stick, like the Saitek X45.

But until they release a patch that fixes the throttle sensitivity problems, I would probably recommend flying with joystick and keyboard. I use the keyboard for collective pitch right now, and joystick for direction, target selection, and weapon selection.

Once they improve throttle control, flying with a HOTAS setup will be INCREDIBLE fun.

And for those who might not know, HOTAS stands for "Hands On Throttle And Stick". A term that roughly means you use a joystick and throttle with programmable buttons.

http://us.thrustmaster.com/products/hotas.php3?skin=Hotas

In theory, you should have enough buttons on a HOTAS, that you don't need to use the keyboard for "critical" functions. You can just fly aircraft while keeping your hands on the throttle and joystick, and using all the programmed buttons to change weapons, fire, change views, etc.

To your computer, the Saitek appears as one joystick. (With a lot of buttons and axis.) So Flashpoint shouldn't care whether you're running a Sidewinder or X-45. (I have both, and they both run fine.)

What Flashpoint can't currently do, is allow you to map different functions to different joysticks in windows. (Which in my case applies to my rudder pedals, which appear as a seperate joystick in windows.)

Axek.

i have the saitek x36 and it works fine (don't have any throttle problems either, at least flying helicopters).

my rudder pedals are just a (don't know the word:) "swinging" button on my throttle, but works fine anyway.

it's configured as "4-button flightstick with throttlecontrol" (english translation may not be correct... =8-) with 4 axis.

didn't try to emulate any sidewinders or thrustmasters, allthough the manual says it was compatible.

something different on my side: have you ever heard of problems with mouse-steering?

i'm playing the campaign-scenarios and suddenly my crosshair points towards heaven. when trying to look down it goes back up (like a decalibrated joystick).

when zooming in with weapon-sights (optics) i regain control of aiming and slow walking.

until switching back to normal sight: only blue skys and clouds and enemies killing me mad.gif .

mouse movement on menues functions properly but on returning to the game the problem is back until quitting and restarting opfp.

i hope i wrote somthing usefull for your joystick (flying helicopters with stick and control is much fun biggrin.gif )

eetee