Sign in to follow this  
Alex780

No CrossfireX support for ArmA II?

Hi,

I've discovered that CrossfireX was not supported in ArmA 2. So I've tried ATI Crossfire Xtension but it hasn't worked. I've also renamed arma2.exe into Crysis.exe but it didn't change anything. Is there any means to get Crossfire working under ArmA 2? If not, I hope Bohemia Interactive or ATI will do something for it because the game could run much smoother, as it is very demandsome in terms of 3D calculus.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Alex

Have you tried downloading the new 9.7 beta drivers for your card?

I have a 4870x2 and after getting the new drivers my performance has increased alot, and i believe they solve the crossfire problem.

I cant find a link to them right now but if you look through the forum you will see a post about them.

Add "-winxp" after the .exe, or in launch properties if Steam. If that alone doesn't work, push AI up to max in CCC.

My crossfire was enabled with the -winxp setting alone.

I'm currently using win7 RC (7100) with 2x4890. With the 9.6 drivers I got x-fire running 1/10 on winxp, and when it was running I had no improvement. On Win7 and 9.6 I got x-fire running every time I had the -winxp flag set, but still no improvement. With 9.7beta drivers I finally got x-fire (without -winxp flag) and the performance I was supposed to get.

Same here, I had Xfire working with the -winxp flag before but no significant increase in performance. With the 9.7 beta drivers I am however seeing the expected performance boost of a second core.

But how do you put this -winxp exactly? I don't understand.

Do you mean I have to rename arma2.exe by arma2-winxp.exe? It shouldn't be that because I've tried it and it has made no effect.

No, you want to put it as:-

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -winxp

Right click on your shortcut and select properties and then the 'shorcut' tab.

Just type it in at the end of the 'target' line with a space in front.