Sign in to follow this  
ZIGS

Ok, now this is really aggravating...

Back when I played opflash, there was this thing that annoyed THE CRAP out of me. Every time I used the binoculars, the weapon rate of fire would reset itself to semi. IT STILL HAPPENS IN ARMA 2! I haven't used the binoculars yet but it happens when I enter/exit a car. If I set the ROF to full auto, it's because I WANT IT TO REMAIN IN FULL AUTO! Why in the HOLIEST NAME OF FATHER JESUS does it resets when you exit a car/use binoculars? I mean, what freaking sense does it make?!

Please, PLEASE, tell me there's a way to fix this

Huh, right. Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I'm aware you have to press "F" to change the rate of fire. What I want is that the game doesn't reset it automatically every time I exit a vehicle

Feel your pain here buddy, its quite a pain if you have a weapon with a lot of fire modes. Cant count the times i died because my weapon shot at single when i needed to lay waste or shot a loud burst insted one carefully prepared shot. Would be nice to get this sorted

Its because you put your rifle on "Safe" in a vehicle. When you get out its back to default.

;1360706']Feel your pain here buddy' date=' its quite a pain if you have a weapon with a lot of fire modes. Cant count the times i died because my weapon shot at single when i needed to lay waste or shot a loud burst insted one carefully prepared shot. Would be nice to get this sorted[/quote']

What really baffles my mind is that this problem is 8 years old! Back in Operation Flashpoint this happened too when you used the binoculars (Redfield-77, do you also put your rifle on "safe" when using the binoculars? :)). It probably also happens in arma 2, can't say for sure because I haven't used binoculars yet. But nevertheless, this is something that NEEDS to be fixed. It should have been fixed YEARS ago! Not only it hurts the gameplay, it doesn't make one shred of sense

What really baffles my mind is that this problem is 8 years old! Back in Operation Flashpoint this happened too when you used the binoculars (Redfield-77, do you also put your rifle on "safe" when using the binoculars? :)). It probably also happens in arma 2, can't say for sure because I haven't used binoculars yet. But nevertheless, this is something that NEEDS to be fixed. It should have been fixed YEARS ago! Not only it hurts the gameplay, it doesn't make one shred of sense

No, it doesnt happen to me after I use binoculars. Strange, I just assumed that the vehicle thing the soldiers were putting their rifles on safety for the ride.

Bump. This needs to be fixed

i have studied this problem for years, had a heart attack and a few failed marriages. after many experiments and every day of my life i have come up with a solution

press "f"