Sign in to follow this  
Orton

server is banning randomly

Hello

I maked a ban.txt and now the server automaticly is putting people on the ban list.i got verifySignatures=1 does it have something to do with that?When people connect and they have failed the requirements they are automaticly banned?

I know delete the ban.txt but it would help if i could sort it out.

Hello

I maked a ban.txt and now the server automaticly is putting people on the ban list.i got verifySignatures=1 does it have something to do with that?When people connect and they have failed the requirements they are automaticly banned?

I know delete the ban.txt but it would help if i could sort it out.

yes turn verifySignatures=0

same happen on our server until we figured out why.

thanks m8 for the quick help but if i turn it off the hackers and cheaters with there @mods whatever could get back in.So basicly this is a bug!

Edited by Orton

leave

verifySignatures=1;

on

go to onHackedData line in the config and change it to this ( then restart server)

onHackedData = "kick (_this select 0)"; // tampering of the signature detected normal is ban

this will kick em not ban automatically

and you can still still boot cheaters

Read it and it is the same but still cant get my answer out of it.

@shadowze

The problem is when some1 is joining they got banned for nothing.So when i change it they will be kicked without a reason.Same thing only not a ban but a kick....Still the problem is there.

Are you sure this is a problem with the server and NOT the client mucking about

with unsigned or modified addons?

I take it most normal people can conect without problem ?

IF the server is booting a lot of people then maybe you sign files on the server are the problem ?

they should see this on screen

Warning Message: Files "@at_gui\addons\at_gui_chat.pbo", "@at_gui\addons\at_gui_compass.pbo", "@at_gui\addons\at_gui_cursor.pbo", "@at_gui\addons\at_gui_fov_aim.pbo", "@at_gui\addons\at_gui_fov_vehicle.pbo", "@at_gui\addons\at_gui_peripheral.pbo", ... are not signed by a key accepted by this server. To play on this server, remove listed files or install additional accepted keys.

and it will be also saved into arma2.rpt

the above is taken from what i see when i join server which don't have key to allow these addons

What i dont understand if even when they dont use any addons they still got banned now i turned the verify off and everything is normal but i think that is not the way it should work.The only keys i got is soundvop and heli (forgot the name) and the bis.But now that it is off everyone is welcome again.........Maybe it is a bug maybe a problem somewhere will figure it out i hope.

nevermind fixed it by change it to kick and put thr right server keys in it so only soundkey i got thanks again