Sign in to follow this  
luckyhendrix

group in vehicle

This is an issue I encoutred many times.

i want that my chopper takes off after all players (in MP) are inside it.

!(alive unit1) OR (unit1 in heli) AND !(alive unit2) OR (unit2 in heli) ...

I used to use this comand , but if you disable AI in lobby it won't work anymore.

I also tried to put

groupname in heli
doesn't seems to work.

need your help guys.

thx

thx a lot it works, the only things is that someone is needed as group leader (player).

Try:

{alive _X && !(_X in crew heli)} count (units groupname) <= 0

Thanks for this Big Dawg. Any idea what the reverse would be to check if the group was out of the chopper? I'm not sure where I'd put in the (not) condition.

Cheers! :)

EDIT: Quick question... what does the "crew" part of (_X in crew heli) actually mean? Is that entirely necessary for this condition to work?

Edited by SafetyCatch

crew lists all units in the vehicle.

all you need to do to get the reverse is to remove the "!", the exclamation mark inverts an condition.

Hi guy's,

I have used the code exactly as stated, my helo takes off but then just hovers and will not procede to the next waypoint (which is just a standard MOVE waypoint).

Any ideas?

BTW, AI is disabled as this is a Co-op mission.

Edited by Dai-San

Any help from anyone would be most appreciated ;)

Hi guy's,

I have used the code exactly as stated, my helo takes off but then just hovers and will not procede to the next waypoint (which is just a standard MOVE waypoint).

what exactly are you trying to do in your mission?

Hi Cobra,

OK, this is a MP Co-Op mission so AI is disabled. All I want to do is via a trigger (area or radio, not fussed) I want to do a helicopter evac of all remaining players.

So call a helicopter, all get in, and fly off into the sunset and through an end trigger.

I need it to be able to count the number of players left alive and when the last one enters the helo it then takes off and flies to the set waypoint.

As it is at the moment, all that happens is I get in and the helo takes off but just hovers there for eternity.

I have tried several ways but most only work with AI enabled, and the SOM method is a bit clunky.

Any help would be great.

Cheers

As it is at the moment, all that happens is I get in and the helo takes off but just hovers there for eternity.

Have you synchronised a "get in" waypoint for your own group with a "load" waypoint for the helicopter? I'm not sure if it's strictly necessary, but I was doing an extraction setup for a AI-controlled group with me as an independent soldier (i.e. in my own group). I found the chopper waited for both group members to get in before taking off; however if I boarded the chopper at any time (even way before the group reached the Get In waypoint) the helo would immediately take off and then just hover in place.

My theory is that it gets confused by having someone board who wasn't "supposed" to and the AI starts to activate its movement mode, but it isn't actually completing the waypoint because the conditions haven't been yet. Not sure if you could disable the movement AI for the helo or set its flyInHeight to 1 meter just before it lands as a workaround.