Sign in to follow this  
Fadee

Step by step for custo sounds?

I see threads on custom sounds when i do a search but none are step by step went to wiki that didnt work either.

Can anyone who is kind enough do a noobs guide to adding custom multiplayer soundbites? I even saw how u have to add a description file but i dont know what that is?!! I copy and pasted it into sounds and that was all lol.

I really want to add some custom soundbites from my favorite movies so if someone can help that would be great.

Oh and please feel free to visit our guild for other older Arma 2 players

www.oldtimersguild.com

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

no help at all? a link anything? i have looked everywhere and spent hrs trying to get this to work followed all steps i could see.

I'm hesitant to explain as the majority of public servers don't approve of this. When you play a custom sound it is uploaded to the server then downloaded to all clients. For people struggling with framerates, it's not a nice thing to do. Be prepared to get kicked and banned from servers if you use this. I've only used it when playing with friends on private servers.

But, the link does provide you with what you need to know. The trick is finding (and it is out there) a free wav to ogg converter. The sample size must be below 50kb and converted to 44.1MHz as mono, not stereo.

Edited by S7_Mega

thx guys and I am 33 yrs old so I wont be griefing ppl. I tend to play with my guildies so it would be all good. I will work more on this today